Shiwan Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Auto Creation of Test Users

Hello

I would like to create some test users for testing in test environment. I want to do it automatically. Any idea how can I do it?

Regards,

Shiwan Agrawal

0 Likes
5 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Amishra Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Auto Creation of Test Users

Hello Shiwan,

Have you tried the xml importer? 

Ajay

Regards,
Ajay Mishra
0 Likes
Chris18 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

We typically clone the entire production database once in a while. That allows users to test and learn there first before trying in prod. The database team helps us with that.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.

Hello Chris

Thank you for your reply. Refreshing database from production to test environment is one of the option but when we perform UAT, there is a need of doing role based testing so a single user can login with different test users to test with different roles. This is a reason why I am asking if there is a way to load test users.

Regards,

Shiwan Agrawal

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Hello Ajay

I heard about XML importer but never tried it. Do you have any document or step of steps which I can use as reference to perform this activity?

Regards,

Shiwan Agrawal

0 Likes
Contributor.. Barath Contributor..
Contributor..

We can use the Interface tables for loading of users and maybe a script to assign them with Licenses and in particular Security groups to provide them with requried access grants. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.