Absent Member.. klm785 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Best Practice for enhancement requests

Hi,
I'm looking for some ideas / best practice suggestions for the following process:

We currently use PPM to create proposals which go through a formal governance process and turn into PPM projects & assets.  It is an admin heavy process. 

Our IT users are looking to stand up a simple 'work request' type form where all work will be requested from the business. There would be a simple decision process made by someone on IT to route the piece of work either to a proposal to go through formal governance if it meets the criteria or another option to put it in a "small enhancements" bucket which would be a simple approval & very light on admin.

Has any customer configured such a process?  We are debating to use the orginal work request to track the enhancement or to create another custom request or even use a custom project request / workflow that is much simpler than our normal project. 

Time will be tracked against each enhancement, but no staffing profile.  Want ability to add enhancements to programs & track financials.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Best Practice for enhancement requests

Hello klm,

I am a PPM representative and will be researching your question with our group internally. I will respond when I have the next step on this situation.

Kind Regards,

Carolina.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member.. klm785 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Carolina, any update?

0 Likes
Erik Cole Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Not claiming "best practice", but here's what we do...

Our business areas set annual budgets for enhancements, so we model them in PPM as annual projects. Each "enhancement project" is for a specific business area & fiscal year, and the enhancements themselves are just tasks in the project plan. This lets us do a rudimentary staffing forecast at the project (annual budget) level, but track the time at the individual task (enhancement) level. It lets the business areas get financials rolled up to their budget level.

What this doesn't give you, is a customer-facing form for request entry. You could create a simple form for that purpose, though.

Hope this helps...

pepdwill Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

My group actually implemented a Work Request type late last year, with the purpose being to solve for very similar things you mentioned.

Would be happy to share some information about what we implemented.  Feel free to send me a PM and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Danny

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.