Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Can not find a field in a rule in a multi language environment

Jump to solution

Hey,

I created a new radio button(yes-no) field in the request header. I saved it and reopen the request type. I was going to write a apply on field change rule with this field but when I search it in the rule ondition it did not appear. The environment is multi language, English- TUrkish. They are using it Turkish.  do the configuration in English.

Do  you have any idea why the field did not appear on the search list. It is diplay, display only, display on Search and filter are yes.

Thanks,

Sevcan

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Sevcan,

Radio button fields do not work with rules. This is a known product limitation and there is already an enhancement request logged for it:

ENHANCEMENT# 206503 - 'Radio Button' is not available as a dependency in request rules

This is currently not documented but RnD have created a documentation a while ago for it: QCCR1L26328.
You can track its progress on the following link:
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_QCCR1L26328

It is necessary to use dropdown lists to overcome this deficiency.

PS: If the post resolves your issue, please click KUDOS star icon and mark it as Accepted Solution.

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Sevcan,

Radio button fields do not work with rules. This is a known product limitation and there is already an enhancement request logged for it:

ENHANCEMENT# 206503 - 'Radio Button' is not available as a dependency in request rules

This is currently not documented but RnD have created a documentation a while ago for it: QCCR1L26328.
You can track its progress on the following link:
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_QCCR1L26328

It is necessary to use dropdown lists to overcome this deficiency.

PS: If the post resolves your issue, please click KUDOS star icon and mark it as Accepted Solution.

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have a trick to apply the rule on Radio button.

1) Create the required field as drop down box.

2) Create a rule for this Drop Down and save the Request Type.

3) Change the field validation from Drop Down to Radio.

I have implemented the same in my system and it is working fine. Go ahaed and Enjoyee!!!

Cheers!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.