Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Can not synchronize PPM 9.14 and QC 11 statuses

Jump to solution

Hi,

I set up PPM 9.14-QC 11 requirements synchronization. Note, I can not establish status mappings in integration menu because the status fields are not seen in field sync menu.

It generally works synching description filed between PPM-QC.

When a status of a record in PPM changes according to a customized workflow with created statuses, a status in QC remains unchanged. I get an error, that I do not have permissions to change a status in QC. Howewer I can change the status manually loggeg in QC using the same user.

How to solve the problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi Dmitry,

Did you enable the QC fields that are required for the integration?

If not, you can try the steps described here:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1349610

Regards,

Nikola

Micro Focus Customer Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi Dmitry,

Did you enable the QC fields that are required for the integration?

If not, you can try the steps described here:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1349610

Regards,

Nikola

Micro Focus Customer Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi, This seems to be a defect https://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_QCCR1L47551

Regards,
Dayana Campos
Absent Member..
Manual requirement updatу in QC does not solve the problem. I can not even change a status in PPM, error occurs.
I guess I have to enable integration fields first.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

What was the error?

Regards,
Dayana Campos
0 Likes
Absent Member..
Hi Dayana,

"The system encountered a problem while trying to synchronize changes to Quality Center. The changes have been saved in PPM.
Please try saving again later in order to complete the synchronization with Quality Center. Click here to redisplay request details. (KCRT-40199)"

The request in PPM stays at the same workflow state after a transition action because ot the error above.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

Please do a search "Failed to lock defect with id" in serverLog.txt at the replication time
The typical errors are:
(500) Failed to lock defect with id 20347

This is a possible cause of the error KCRT-40199. Let me explain the "Failed to lock" issue:
When some user is modifying a defect in ALM, the defect is in LOCKED status, which mean other user cannot modify the defect at the same time. This is a known feature of ALM software. When a PPM user is updating a request, the integration interface will synchronize the change to a corresponding ALM defect, but the defect is being LOCKED coincidently, so the synchronization will fail.

Why the ALM defect is locked? We guess there are two possibilities:
1) A real user is modifying the defect in ALM.
2) As you know, there is a back-end service (QC Integration Sync Service) to make the integration work. This back-end service will retry failed synchronization / poll the update of ALM defects periodically. This back-end service will possibly lock a ALM defect while a user try to update the corresponding PPM request.

The possible solution to reduce this type of errors:
The default schedule for the back-end service is every 1 minute, which is too short. Please set a longer cyclic period for it, e.g. every 10 minutes.

Regards,
Dayana Campos
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Nikola,

What field in ALM requirement has to be mapped to PPM request ststus?

We run the scripts in project  table, checked the values in db, but still can not see integration fields in ALM.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thank you, PPM synch fields are seen in ALM finally.

I login to ALM as a user included in Administrators group. Moreover, I created a group with all permisiions granted to the user.

However I can not modify PPM request status field ("not enough permissions" error). PPM-ALM synch can not chahge the field in ALM also.

How to gеt the permission to change the PPM synch fields?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

Can you please try the following steps as a workaround:
- Access QC;
- In the menu, choose Tools -> Customize;
- Choose 'Groups and Permissions';
- Press 'New Group'
NOTE:
Why create a new group? That is because 'Out of the Box' groups of Quality Center can't be edited.

- Given the group a name and 'set as': TDAdmin;
- Save the group. Highlight the group and in the 'membership'-tab, add your user to the 'in group';
- Open the 'permissions'-tab of the new group and there the 'requirements'-tab;
- Hightlight 'Requirement' -> 'Update' -> 'PPM Request Status'
- On the right pane, you will see the Transition Rules. Use 'delete rule' to remove all transition rules.
NOTE:
When deleting the rules, it seems there is a little bug in QC. Every time you delete a Rule, the Delete Rule button is disabled even if the rule list is not empty. The workaround is: click another field, then click PPM Request Status field again, the Delete Rule button will be enabled again.
- If you need to or want to add a new transition rule, press 'Add Rule' and in the 'Add Transition Rule' window that opens up, choose 'from' and ANY as well as 'to' and ANY.
- Save all changes to 'Groups and Permissions'.
- Save the changes to the customizations and return to the ALM UI.
- Test the behavior of the integration.

The main point of the workaround:
Delete all transition Rules and add an ANY to ANY rule.

Regards,
Dayana Campos
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thank you, Dayana!

Now I can sunchronize ppm request status and qc field "Статус запроса PPM".

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
You are welcome! :0)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.