Absent Member.. bzdafro Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Can you pass a value to a special command parameter on the fly and use in command condition?

Jump to solution

I'm trying to pass a Y/N value to a special command.   This works and I can use the token inside of the special command.  However I cant get it to work when when I try to reference it in a command condition.

This will work

ksc_set flag="Y"

sc_create_script

...and inside the special command I can reference the [FLAG] token or use it in a command condition

This will not work

**i can reference the token inside the commands, but not on the command condition

sc_create_script flag="Y"

I've tried  [P.FLAG]  [PKGL.P.FLAG]  [VP.FLAG].... nothing seems to work.   I'm guessing you have to set the token?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Natalia_R_PPM Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can you pass a value to a special command parameter on the fly and use in command condition?

Jump to solution

Hello Bzdafro, 

This is the way that special commands were designed. Unfortunately they don't resolve tokens in the conditions. This is an enhancement as it is working as designed

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards, 

Natalia

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Natalia_R_PPM Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can you pass a value to a special command parameter on the fly and use in command condition?

Jump to solution

Hello Bzdafro, 

This is the way that special commands were designed. Unfortunately they don't resolve tokens in the conditions. This is an enhancement as it is working as designed

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards, 

Natalia

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Jim Esler Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

You can define flag as a parameter on your special command. It can then be used on the command steps in your special command. The value of the parameter can be specified with a token on the call to your special command.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. bzdafro Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I have the flag specified as a parameter and associated with a token name.   This works within the special commands, but it seems you cannot use the parameter token in a command condition itself (unless the object type sets it beforehand with a ksc_set). 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.