Absent Member.. Mohit_Agrawal Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Change Project settings

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I have a project for which I would like to update some resource settings [from "Project Resources" to "Assigned Resources"  under Cost & Efforts tab]. Right now this tab is locked to PMs. (cann not be overridden)

If I change the general project settings then it would be applicable to the new projects not the existing ones. How do I change it for the existing project?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Change Project settings

Jump to solution

Hello Mohit,

You may be interested to see the  HP Project Management User’s Guide on page 34: project policies

Certain policies do not propagate changes to existing projects, even if they are

set to be non-overridable. These policies are:

 Project Fields

 Cost and Effort

 Microsoft Project Integration

 Work Plan Template (changes do propagate, but do not alter existing work plans)

If you want to make changes to a project type policy that does not propagate, follow the general procedure outlined below:
1. Identify a time when system activity is low.
2. On the project type, unlock the project policy.
3. Open existing projects and change the settings on each where allowed.
4. On the project type, lock the project policy.

Hope this helps you!

Best Regards,

Carolina.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
2 Replies
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello Mohit,

You may be interested to see the  HP Project Management User’s Guide on page 34: project policies

Certain policies do not propagate changes to existing projects, even if they are

set to be non-overridable. These policies are:

 Project Fields

 Cost and Effort

 Microsoft Project Integration

 Work Plan Template (changes do propagate, but do not alter existing work plans)

If you want to make changes to a project type policy that does not propagate, follow the general procedure outlined below:
1. Identify a time when system activity is low.
2. On the project type, unlock the project policy.
3. Open existing projects and change the settings on each where allowed.
4. On the project type, lock the project policy.

Hope this helps you!

Best Regards,

Carolina.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Mohit,

Do you have any concern about this thread?

Please let me know.

Best Regards,

Carolina.

“HP Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.