New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Changing EBS instance

I am doing  a dry run upgrade from PPM 910 to PPM 930.

I have:

Oracle Tech extension

Oracle Ebiz extension

We are running PPM 930 with EBS 11.5.10

My dba says she would like to point PPM at a new version of EBS 12.

Is there a way to do this: After upgrade is complete?  Or during upgrade?

Thank you

Ken

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Ken,

According to the Compatibility Matrix guide for PPM 9.30, this version of PPM Center used with HP Deployment Management Extension for Oracle Technology supports versions of Oracle tools that support Oracle database 9i, 10g, 11, or 12 and Oracle E-Business Suite 12.0.0–12.1.

We recommend to do this process after doing the upgrade. Please find attached the guide for PPM 9.30 Oracle EBS where you can find all the information related to the extension upgrade in page 33.

Best regards,

Fabiola Vargas

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Yes I have that documentation, and I have already deployed the EBS extension.

I have looked all through the documentation, and I can find no instructions for changing EBS instance.

I am running a linked configuration.

Are you saying I can re-deploy the extension:

sh ./kDeploy.sh -i OracleApps

and when it asks for database link, give it a link to a different EBS database?

And deploy script will take care of the rest?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Ken,

The Data Base link is the link that is created from PPM schema to EBS database. 

So what you need to do is to give this Data Base link name and the extension for EBS will be installed successfully.

Best regards,

Fabiola Vargas

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Ken,

I want to know if my answer helped you, if so please be sure to mark as accept this thread.

If there is anything else you need please let me know.

Best regards,

Fabiola Vargas

HP Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.