Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Changing a Workflow

Jump to solution

We're in the process of creating and implementing a now Project workflow process. 

Can I create a whole new workflow process and change to it in the current request type without affecting the existing projects?  I believe the answer is yes, but cannot seem to find the documentation that says exactly the steps to be taken for changing an existing process workflow.  I know that I should NOT change workflow steps, but in this case the whole process and configurations of step sources has changed. 

If I remember correctly, you can take a new workflow process, add it to the existing request type, activate it and keep the old workflow active until all the projects using the older process have completed.  Is that correct, or do I de-activate the older workflow process after activating the new one?

Thanks.

Max

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Max,

The existing requests will keep the old workflow, the new ones will be created with the new process workflow.

You just need to wait until the existing requests finish and disable the old workflow.

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Max,

The existing requests will keep the old workflow, the new ones will be created with the new process workflow.

You just need to wait until the existing requests finish and disable the old workflow.

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”

View solution in original post

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
I thought that was the case. Thanks for the re-iteration.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.