Absent Member.. mkariro Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Command Execution Error

Jump to solution

Hi,

We just upgraded PPM from 8.0 to 9.1. Getting “Command Execution Error” when we submit a package line with AOL object though concurrent request is successfully submitted. 

Screenshots attached.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Mahinder

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Command Execution Error

Jump to solution
Hi Mahinder,

I found a similar case with both errors, the resolution to this was:

- Checked the server.conf and the turn_concurrent_reqeust_watchdog parameter is not present. You need to add this parameter and run the kUpdateHtml.sh command.
- Be sure that the watchdog is running every minute if the service is not working correctly we need to troubleshoot the service. The first step of troubleshooting must be cleaning the QUARTZ tables, disabling any foreign key constraints on the QRTZ* tables and test it again, but first check that the service is running fine, check the Dashboard -> Administration -> View Services Audit page to confirm this step.
- Continue with the watchdog parameter, you can enable the debugging for Conc Request Watch dog to capture more logging information

Hope it helps!
Carolina.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
4 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Mahinder,

About your issue i have searched on SSO and found following KM's could help you to resolve the issue.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1179392

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1455216

Please let me know the result.

Hope this help.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks for your resonse.

Both of these KB articles dont apply to my issue.

The package line fails with command execution error, though a concurrent request id is generated and logs are also generated on the server.

I reset the line and submit again but same issue.

Seems like something is not right with the setup. cant figure ot the issue.

Thanks

Mahinder

0 Likes
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Mahinder,

I found a similar case with both errors, the resolution to this was:

- Checked the server.conf and the turn_concurrent_reqeust_watchdog parameter is not present. You need to add this parameter and run the kUpdateHtml.sh command.
- Be sure that the watchdog is running every minute if the service is not working correctly we need to troubleshoot the service. The first step of troubleshooting must be cleaning the QUARTZ tables, disabling any foreign key constraints on the QRTZ* tables and test it again, but first check that the service is running fine, check the Dashboard -> Administration -> View Services Audit page to confirm this step.
- Continue with the watchdog parameter, you can enable the debugging for Conc Request Watch dog to capture more logging information

Hope it helps!
Carolina.

“HP Support
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Seems like this works. Appreciate your help on this.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.