MaxH Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Contact Synchronization Report Fails

Jump to solution

I have attempted to run a Contact Synchronization Report in my DEV environment and it fails with the following error:

-------------------------------------
Could not get server environment information for the Project and Portfolio Management Application Server. Server setting com.kintana.core.server.SERVER_ENV_NAME=KINTANA_SERVER and this
should point to a valid environment applicable to the Project and Portfolio Management Application Server. In a multiple-server configuration, one (1) environment must be defined
for each application server. (KNTA-10393)
GUID=B23A0CDF-24D0-0753-47CA-C91B0624EB08
Generated Time=2020/01/14-11:33:54.763 GMT-05:00
at com.kintana.core.util.FileUtils.getLocalhost(FileUtils.java:476)
at com.kintana.core.server.execution.CLLocalExecCommand.execute(CLLocalExecCommand.java:488)
at com.kintana.core.server.execution.CommandRunner.run(CommandRunner.java:120)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

----------------------------------

I have checked the environment configuration within the Workbench and they all check correctly.  I verified that the configuration for the environment is accurate in the server.conf (see the attached screenshot) and it is correct.  I have removed the /tmp and /work directories from the PPM directory on the Linux server and flushed all the caches.  I have even recompiled the application and none of these solutions helped.  Anyone have any ideas on this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Contact Synchronization Report Fails

Jump to solution

Hi Max,

This exception will occur if the following SQL doesn't return any row:

select server_name, server_username, server_nt_domain, server_password, server_stream_encoding
from kenv_environments
where environment_name = 'KINTANA_SERVER'

Of course, replace 'KINTANA_SERVER' if you change the value of the com.kintana.core.server.SERVER_ENV_NAME parameter. 

Give it a try in the PPM SQL Runner, and if you don't have any row returned, make sure you have the environment KINTANA_SERVER defined so that this query returns one row.

Note that you don't need any value to be returned in each column, the report runs fine on my dev environment and all returned values are empty when I run the SQL - but at least I get one row.

Cheers,

Etienne.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Max,

This exception will occur if the following SQL doesn't return any row:

select server_name, server_username, server_nt_domain, server_password, server_stream_encoding
from kenv_environments
where environment_name = 'KINTANA_SERVER'

Of course, replace 'KINTANA_SERVER' if you change the value of the com.kintana.core.server.SERVER_ENV_NAME parameter. 

Give it a try in the PPM SQL Runner, and if you don't have any row returned, make sure you have the environment KINTANA_SERVER defined so that this query returns one row.

Note that you don't need any value to be returned in each column, the report runs fine on my dev environment and all returned values are empty when I run the SQL - but at least I get one row.

Cheers,

Etienne.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
MaxH Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution
Entienne,
Thanks. As always, you manage to come through for us and we sincerely appreciate your support! After I ran the query, I determined that the reason the environment was incorrect was because Kintana Server was in lower case, not upper as it needed to be - KINTANA_SERVER....and with the underscore.
Max
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.