MaxH Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Custom Gantt Portlet

We want to create a Dashboard that shows an integrated master schedule (IMS) of multiple projects within PPM.  This IMS dashboard needs to have the projects grouped by a specific project attribute called “IMS Category” which I have included as part of the Project Request Type.  Examples of the field are “Testing Events” and “Security Impacting Events”, etc.  The “IMS Category” must allow multiple selections.  The dashboard could have Portlets for the IMS Category, therefore multiple sections for the dashboard.

Our problem is that we want to show a customized Gantt chart with a line for each Project selected.  We do not want every line in the Work Plan, but rather specific lines selected based on a User Defined Field value from the Work Plan.  Ideally, PPM would generate a Gantt based on the values I select.  

I have attached an example of what we'd like the portlet to look like.

Does anyone have an example of how to display a customized Gantt in a portlet?

Thanks again,

Max

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. randull Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Custom Gantt Portlet

Hi Max,

You can try to get some statements by enabling the portlet debug logging :

com.kintana.core.logging.PRODUCT_FUNCTION_LOGGING_LEVEL = com.kintana.web.portlets, DEBUG

Note that this might not work for this type of portlet. Be aware that we as support do not provide source code.

I am wondering if the Project Timelines portlets doesn't fit to the one you want to develop.

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Randall, thanks for the lead.  The project timelines portlet doesn't work because it cannot be customized.  I need to be able to pull specific tasks based on a value in the request type and since this portlet does not allow searching by request types, it cannot be used for our query.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. randull Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Max,

With the debugging parameters I gave you, you can get the SQL query behing the project timelines portlet. Having that information you can use it to build your new portlet.

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Okay, I guess I mis-understood.  I will give that a try.

Max

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.