Super Contributor.. JodieOndrejka Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Custom Portlet doesn't Export to Excel

Jump to solution

We have a custom portlet that contains RYG indicators for Project, Issue, and Schedule Health as well as a % complete bar to show the % complete of the Work Plan.  When we use the Export to Excel feature, a new window/tab is displayed and is blank.  No prompts, no errors, and no Excel export is shown.

Is this because of the RYG and % complete bar icons that are being used?  Does anyone have any recommendations of what could be causing this and how to go about fixing?

We are running PPM 9.32.0002.

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor..

Re: Custom Portlet doesn't Export to Excel

Jump to solution

Problem solved.!

The root cause of the problem was that one of the values was not a color.  We were having no color if a value was -1.  Once I changed the color to 'GRAY' (for example) so that every part of the case statement returned a color, it displayed properly and successfully exported to Excel.

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Ariel_V_PPM Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello,
Well, about this kind of issues, there is many patches and fixes by RnD, the thing is find which is your scenario because is not too clear for me,
For example, what do you mean with "RYG", also I dont know if you find any information in the logs,
If you can clarify those questions I think I can help you,
Also confirm:

. This is first time that you face this problem?

. There is any change recently in your Office Version?
. This happen in all your browsers?
. Which is the format of the excel file that PPM export?

I will be waiting for your response to move forward with this issue,

Greetings!

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

RYG = Red Yellow Green

Yes, this happens in IE11, Chrome, and Firefox.  We have been running Office365 for some time now.  I'm not aware of any changes that may have been pushed.

Here's what is in the serverlog:

ERROR server:Thread-978:(UncaughtExceptionDefaultHandler.java:25):2016/11/17-09:47:30.803 EST: An unknown error has occurred. For more information, please contact your PPM administrator and provide the following GUID number:
GUID=428780FC-9B2F-8782-F472-CFD91142BC8D  
Generated Time=2016/11/17-09:47:30.802 EST
An unknown error has occurred. For more information, please contact your PPM administrator and provide the following GUID number:
nested detail:null

An unknown error has occurred. For more information, please contact your PPM administrator and provide the following GUID number:
 at com.kintana.core.server.UncaughtExceptionDefaultHandler.uncaughtException(UncaughtExceptionDefaultHandler.java:25)
 at java.lang.ThreadGroup.uncaughtException(ThreadGroup.java:1057)
 at java.lang.ThreadGroup.uncaughtException(ThreadGroup.java:1052)
 at java.lang.Thread.dispatchUncaughtException(Thread.java:1952)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
 at java.lang.Integer.decode(Integer.java:1161)
 at java.awt.Color.decode(Color.java:729)
 at com.hp.ppm.html2excel.JerichoUtils.parseColor(JerichoUtils.java:36)
 at com.hp.ppm.html2excel.JerichoUtils.parseFontColor(JerichoUtils.java:40)
 at com.hp.ppm.html2excel.StreamingTransformer$13.whenText(StreamingTransformer.java:514)
 at com.hp.ppm.html2excel.StreamingTransformer.transform(StreamingTransformer.java:66)
 at com.hp.ppm.html2excel.ExcelTransformerServlet$2.run(ExcelTransformerServlet.java:52)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Thank you!

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Problem solved.!

The root cause of the problem was that one of the values was not a color.  We were having no color if a value was -1.  Once I changed the color to 'GRAY' (for example) so that every part of the case statement returned a color, it displayed properly and successfully exported to Excel.

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.