Absent Member.. Anjaiah Absent Member..
Absent Member..

DB link passwords update automatically.

Dear Team,

We have one application, which is often change the password using a scripted method. So I need a method to update the DB links in the kintana database automatically.

Please share me if you have any sample method or any sample scripts ,so I will add it those script in application server.

Best Regards,
Anjaiah V

0 Likes
6 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: DB link passwords update automatically.

Hi Anjaiah V,

As i know PPM do not support any method for direct updates to the database unless it provided by RnD.

Please raise a Enhancement Request.

Hope this help.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Anjaiah,

Seems that you want to make a customization, please contact PSO through your Sales representative in order to provide you more information regarding this.

Warm Regards,
Carolina.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Mark-HPSW Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi @Anjaiah

As Carolina mentioned here, you may need to contact the HP Professional Services Organization to discuss a customization.  I can help to get you connected with the appropriate representative if needed.

Thanks,
Mark

I am an HP employee in the enterprise software group. If my post helps you, please mark it as an accepted solution. If you need further insight into HP Solutions, please send me a private message or contact an HP Solutions Expert.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Anjaiah Absent Member..
Absent Member..

ok. Thank you Mark.

Please provide me.so i will touch base with them.

Thanks,

Anjaiah.

0 Likes
Mark-HPSW Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Anjaiah, I will follow up via PM.

Thanks,
Mark

I am an HP employee in the enterprise software group. If my post helps you, please mark it as an accepted solution. If you need further insight into HP Solutions, please send me a private message or contact an HP Solutions Expert.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. PPM_dynamic_use Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi..
I think you can create a script where you can write a update DB link query.
ALTER DATABASE LINK private_link
CONNECT TO hr IDENTIFIED BY hr_new_password;
commit;
This should work.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.