Highlighted
SudeepSP Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Do we have PPM SaaS option? Can we have PPM in AWS?

Jump to solution

Currently our company is migrating to cloud systems. Need help to understand if PPM has SaaS option or whether it supports AWS to host PPM?

Currently using PPM deployment 9.40 version

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Do we have PPM SaaS option? Can we have PPM in AWS?

Jump to solution

Hi Sudeep,

My name is Mehul Shah and I am the SaaS Operations Lead here at Microfocus.

The short answer to your question is Yes. Microfocus PPM has a SaaS offering and we do host PPM in AWS . I completely agree with Etienne that SaaS customers have the benefit of annual upgrades performed by SaaS team along with all the support that is needed to maintain the application on day-to-day basis.

Please let me know if you have any additional or specific questions and I will be glad to answer them.

Thanks,
Mehul Shah
Microfocus SaaS Operation Lead

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Hi Sudeep,

There is a MF PPM SaaS offering, where migrating your instance and data from on-prem to SaaS is part of the deal. I expect some of our SaaS Wizards will come provide more information on this thread later.

If you want to host PPM on AWS yourself then it's also supported, but not on the version you're on, as it's only supported since PPM 9.52.
One of the advantages of going with the SaaS offering is that you'll get one upgrade per year as part of the standard offering, so you won't end up lagging behind on upgrades like you're doing now with a version that's more that's more than 3 years old.

Jump to solution

Hi Sudeep,

My name is Mehul Shah and I am the SaaS Operations Lead here at Microfocus.

The short answer to your question is Yes. Microfocus PPM has a SaaS offering and we do host PPM in AWS . I completely agree with Etienne that SaaS customers have the benefit of annual upgrades performed by SaaS team along with all the support that is needed to maintain the application on day-to-day basis.

Please let me know if you have any additional or specific questions and I will be glad to answer them.

Thanks,
Mehul Shah
Microfocus SaaS Operation Lead

View solution in original post

Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution
Thank you. Does PPM support in AWS as well?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Yes, since PPM 9.52.
0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

@mehuland @Etienne_Canaud  , Thank you for the reply. That answered my question

I have a question too. If we install in AWS, will PPM DB (Oracle ) works with AWS, is that supported? Or do we need to have Oracle separate.

Any document for reference available?

Thanks

Sudeep

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

We support running PPM on AWS with AWS RDS for Oracle. So you can host Oracle on AWS too.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.