Established Member.. AlekseyG
Established Member..

Dynamic Notification Recepients

Hello Everybody and happy holidays!

I'm looking for a solution for the following process automation:

After adding the comment to the request (in Notes or in a special text field) the user wants to specify somehow a list of recepients of the notification sent on save or on transition. So the recepients can be different every time the user updates the comments.

I wonder how to organize it the best way...

Any advice would be appriciated!

0 Likes
7 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Dynamic Notification Recepients

Hi AlekseyG,

Sem it is an Enhancement Request, if you really need this functionality on PPM, my suggestion is to submit an ER to seek the possibility to get this function.
Please refer to this link to open this Enhancement request:

https://support.openview.hp.com/enhancement/do/main

Also you can put your question in this public Forum (http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Project-and-Portfolio-Management/bd-p/itrc-935#.VIH3X3l0zcs) and maybe somebody else has done what you need.

Merry Christmas and Happy New year !

Regards,

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member.. BlairL Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi AlekseyG

Here is a work around where the user would need to hit a button as opposed to happening on save.  If you want the user to specify recipients, I would assume they are engaged in sending so this should work. 

When the request is submitted, route to a parallel “Send Notification” step. The only transition out of that step will be “Send Notification” and it will route back to itself. The workflow will move on and this parallel step will be there until the request closes. Regarding the recipients, add field called “Email recipients” as a multi select field. If you wanted, you could have a field for “To:” “Cc: and “Bcc:” etc. Only the “Send Notification” step will use these fields. Because you want the list to be different every time, add a rule to clear out the e.mail related fields on form load.

I hope that Helps

0 Likes
Established Member.. shirish
Established Member..

a limitation to this option is the "request status" that is used on the step when you click send notification which mandates dynamic sender list.

This status will be applied to  your request and not the status which was there.

is there any alternative to avoid request status change by a parallel step?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Tim_Brandish Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I typically keep the current status saved into a hidden field on the form for just this purpose.  After the email is sent, set the status back to the current status saved in the hidden field.

Tim Brandish

Results Positive, Inc

0 Likes
Absent Member.. BlairL Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Shirish

Are you referring to the status in the parallel step to send notifications?  Right, using status there would contend with the other steps in the workflow.  My assumption is that status is left blank on the send notifications step and would have no impact on the form behavior etc. 

Tim, on the hiding current status saved ... are you referring to hiding the status field?  I'm not sure if that is what was meant ... you can't hide the html link on the top right of the screen and there are too many other places dependant on using status (e.g. request list and searches etc), so I would try and lean on status more than avoid it. 

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Tim_Brandish Absent Member..
Absent Member..

No, i was referring to a configured field to store the old status of the request.  Then, if you need to use a status to prompt for email addresses, then you can set the status back to the old status using ksc_store.

0 Likes
Established Member.. shirish
Established Member..

Yes. The status on parallel step.
I assumed the fields will be prompt on transition.
Yes, it will work if status is blank and fields are there on the form. We have done similar for submitting weekly status.

Tim, I will try your suggestion in one of the other situation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.