MaxH Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Edit My Profile Link Disabled

Jump to solution

After implementing a Generic Single Sign On solution in our TEST instance, one of the testers noted that the link (Open -> Administration -> Edit My Profile) did not work.  I checked the Security Model Guide and Reference and there is not even a reference to this specific page.  Can someone please tell me if this is automatically disabled when a SSO solution is implemented?  Thanks.

Max

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor.

Re: Edit My Profile Link Disabled

Jump to solution

Oddly enough, some time has now gone by and Caroline had opened a ticket for me regarding this issue.  I went to check the link, "Edit My Profile" and it actually now works.  I have no idea when, how or why it is working, but it does.  sorry for all the inconvenience.

Max

0 Likes
3 Replies
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Max,

Can you disable the SSO (comment out the parameter that has "...plugin...") to make it mixed-security mode, and see if the regular PPM authenticated users can access the Edit My Profile.

Usually issues with SSO go around the BASE_URL, so please check if the User is using the BASE_URL to login or if the BASE_URL is changing when open the page.

Kind Regards,
Carolina

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

When the SSO link is disabled, users are able to edit thier profiles.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Oddly enough, some time has now gone by and Caroline had opened a ticket for me regarding this issue.  I went to check the link, "Edit My Profile" and it actually now works.  I have no idea when, how or why it is working, but it does.  sorry for all the inconvenience.

Max

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.