Absent Member.. Tweed Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Error 429: ActiveX component can't create object

We had a user install the HP PPM Plug-in so they can import existing MS Project Plans as work plans. I was able to load the plug in with success and have the HP PPM option appear in the toolbar of MS Project 2007.
I have confirmed the user has the correct version of MS Project.
When he opens MS Project now it throws an error (see attached) "Error 429: ActiveX
component can't create object."
Has anyone ran into this same issue with the plug-in? Any suggestions on correcting this issue?

Thank You.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Catherine Curti Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Error 429: ActiveX component can't create object

I have the same issue and we have not yet figured it out.
0 Likes
Contributor.. Sascha Mohr Contributor..
Contributor..

Seems to be an issue with PPM 8.x; we had to register the plugin in MS Project manually. From HP support we got a document that shows the required steps in MSP. I hope this solves it for you too.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

They sent us the attached file as well, but that seems to work once. When I re-open MSP its broken again. Very frustrating.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

In order to make the "Open Work Plan in MS Project" link to work from the Work plan action menu I added my PPM site to my Local Intranet in IE. In IE I went to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Local Intranet > Trusted Sites > Advanced where I added my site to the list. Once I open a project plan from PPM, the plugin seems to work. But... if I just open MS Project without doing anything in PPM, I still get the ActiveX object error in MSP. Still working on that piece...
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Tweed Absent Member..
Absent Member..

THanks for the responses Catherine.
This helps us also!! Let me know your findings on the other piece.
0 Likes
JamesWight Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,
Runtime error 429: “ActiveX component can’t create object”
Here is a solution to this error:
    Reinstall Windows Script
    Repair Windows Script File Information in Registry
    Reregister Concerning File
    Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    Restore your Computer
    Repair System Files
i also faced this error many times but  i fixed it, i also got some help from this article  error429 , hope someone might get help from this article.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.