Rich Y_1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Error Attaching Files on Request Types

Jump to solution

We are currently testing a request type in our PPM Sandbox instance. Under New Reference we select attachment and then Add. On pop window select a text file from desktop and then click Add. Then an error message appears and says Permission denied (errno: 13)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. AlexSavencu Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Error Attaching Files on Request Types

Jump to solution

Hi, Rich,

is this a cloned instance?

I am asking this because most of the times when I have a PPM instance with filesystem document storage and I clone it from PROD to DEV, I have the same situation as explained in this post: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1366049.

On top of this, the error looks indeed like the user used to run PPM does not have write access to the directory. I would check the server.conf for the document storage directory configuration AND I would re-apply the permissions from the PPM folder to all subfolders.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
6 Replies
Absent Member.. randull Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Rich,

Could you please send us the complete error message you are getting? I am wondering if the repository of your attachments is shared for all the nodes, because maybe that is what's happening.

Also, please attach the ksupport file after replicate the issue.

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

I've attached the kSupport and also screen shots showing how I tripped the error.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Rich,

I am wondering if you are storing the documents on the database or on the file system. Because, if you are storing the documents on the file system, it can be that the user who started PPM does not have access to the folder.

Also, I am wondering which user you are using to attach the document and if it happen with any PPM user?

Does it happen with every file you try to attach?

Best regards,
Randall

"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

I check permissions on the folder and they are set correctly.  This is happening to all users we tried and with different file types.  Now let me add one thing the database is a copy of our Prod DB but the filesystem is not a copy of Prod could that make a diffenence and cause an error?  I able attach files in Prod and DEV but not in this instance.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Rich,

Could you please try these steps?

- Stop PPM server.
    - Delete work & tmp folders from PPM_HOME/server/SERVER_NAME (repeat for all nodes)
    - From the command prompt under PPM_HOME/bin run:
        sh kJSPCompiler.sh and sh kUpdateHtml.sh
    - Re-start PPM server
    - From the command prompt under PPM_HOME/bin run:
        sh kRunCacheManager.sh A
    - Clean browser and java cache.

Best regards,
Randall

0 Likes
Absent Member.. AlexSavencu Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi, Rich,

is this a cloned instance?

I am asking this because most of the times when I have a PPM instance with filesystem document storage and I clone it from PROD to DEV, I have the same situation as explained in this post: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1366049.

On top of this, the error looks indeed like the user used to run PPM does not have write access to the directory. I would check the server.conf for the document storage directory configuration AND I would re-apply the permissions from the PPM folder to all subfolders.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.