Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Error Excel: impossible to load XML Importer plugin

Jump to solution

Hi All.

I'm trying to use XML importer plugin on SaaS. I'm using the version attached in https://community.microfocus.com/t5/PPM-User-Discussions/Permission-Issues-with-XML-Importer-for-PPM-9-5/m-p/2748051

In my laptop (Windows 10), as well in my colleague's laptop, it is not possible to upload the plugin (Excel macro). It seems that MSCOMCTL.OCX component is missing (please see attachment). I tryied to upload, installing Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 and declaring the component via Windows commands:

Regsvr32 /u MSCOMCTL.OCX
Regsvr32 /i MSCOMCTL.OCX

but the second command is failing.

Is there a list of prerequisite to load in Excel to macro "XML Importer" ?

Is there a work-around for the SaaS environemnt ?

Best Regards, Silvio

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

What PPM Version are you on?

If you're on 9.62 and feel adventurous (or desperate enough 🙂 ), you can turn on the server parameter to view features "under development" (SHOW_UNDER_DEVELOPMENT_FEATURES), then go to Feature Toggles page and turn on feature "Data Import/Export (Excel)".

This will add a new menu (Data Import/Export) where you can download Excel templates for every Request Type - you then fill  in the excel template (one line per request, Table Components not supported), then drag & drop excel file to the zone on the screen, and voilà, imported. 

Now, keep in mind that this feature is in "pre-alpha" status and hasn't even gone through QA testing, so please expect a very rough ride. Use at your own risk! Don't hesitate to email me directly with all issues you're facing, as you won't be able to open support tickets since this feature is not yet released.

Thanks,

Etienne.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Hi Silvio,

I did install it on Win10 without problem, but I know of a partner that met the same issue as you did - he only could address that by installing it on a different machine where it worked.
We don't have any specific pre-requisite list - as you already know this is supposedly a PSO-only tool, so not subject to any "official" support plan.

Moreover, PPM R&D is only in charge of the support of the XML import part in PPM - it's PSO that's supposedly in charge of the Excel + Macro part, so I'm afraid I can't help you much on getting the macro to run.

We're working on a newer way to import business data in PPM, however that won't be available in the near future. For my information, what PPM entities are you trying to import with the XML Importer?

Thanks,
Etienne.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Etienne,

thank you for your reply.

Regarding your question; I have to upload Requests, about 100 for each upload set.

The Customer now is already managing Excel file with set of 100 Requests, so the upload capability starting from the existing Excel file is appreciated.

Best Regards, Silvio

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

What PPM Version are you on?

If you're on 9.62 and feel adventurous (or desperate enough 🙂 ), you can turn on the server parameter to view features "under development" (SHOW_UNDER_DEVELOPMENT_FEATURES), then go to Feature Toggles page and turn on feature "Data Import/Export (Excel)".

This will add a new menu (Data Import/Export) where you can download Excel templates for every Request Type - you then fill  in the excel template (one line per request, Table Components not supported), then drag & drop excel file to the zone on the screen, and voilà, imported. 

Now, keep in mind that this feature is in "pre-alpha" status and hasn't even gone through QA testing, so please expect a very rough ride. Use at your own risk! Don't hesitate to email me directly with all issues you're facing, as you won't be able to open support tickets since this feature is not yet released.

Thanks,

Etienne.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.