Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Error on New Project Type Creation Event

Jump to solution

I have created a new workflow that takes one of two paths.  Path one is that if a Manager decides not to allow a project to go forward, he/she simply closes it.  Path two transfers the existing data in the form to a new project and auto creates the project form.  When I attempted the first test it threw the following error:

------------------------

Running command: com.kintana.core.server.execution.TakeSnapshot -requestId 35032 -snapshotName "[#]" -snapshotDescription "[]" -planOfRecord "true"
Running command: com.kintana.core.server.execution.CreateProject  -projectName "Test Roadmap Porject WF-2" -projectTypeName "[REQ.VP.KNTA_PROJECT_TYPE]" -startDate "32964" -endDate "33024" -projectManager "100692" -region "[REQ.P.KNTA_REGION]" -requestID 35032 -userID 100530 -userName "adm-mhug"
Configuring connection...
Ready to take snapshot: #
Snapshot taken successfully with new ID = 33995
Done taking a new snapshot
Configuring connection...
Ready to create project from Project Type: [REQ.VP.KNTA_PROJECT_TYPE]
An unknown error has occurred. For more information, please contact your PPM administrator and provide the following GUID number:
GUID=567A2426-766F-D822-600D-0CB0DB212FE8 For input string: "[REQ.P.KNTA_REGION]"

ID = 35032 in DEV

------------------------------

I beleive that this is the result of the project type not automatically associating with the region, but cannot figure out how to make the defaulted region (US) part of the project type. 

Any assistance is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Max

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Max,

There is a defect related to this issue,

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1L39525

What is your PPM version?

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Absent Member..

Hi,

Could you please check your server.log file for the full error trace of the GUID=567A2426-766F-D822-600D-0CB0DB212FE8 and paste it here? You may be right in your suspicion, however to confirm it we would prefer to check the full error trace.

Best Regards,
Filip

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

ERROR :com.kintana.crt.server.CRTExecutionManager Batch ID: 34038:com.kintana.core.server.execution.CreateProject:2014/02/03-15:20:46.686 CST: The CreateProject command execution failed.
An unknown error has occurred. For more information, please contact your PPM administrator and provide the following GUID number:
GUID=567A2426-766F-D822-600D-0CB0DB212FE8
nested detail:For input string: "[REQ.P.KNTA_REGION]"

GUID=567A2426-766F-D822-600D-0CB0DB212FE8
    at com.mercury.itg.util.integration.ProjectUtils.createProject(ProjectUtils.java:339)
    at com.mercury.itg.util.integration.ProjectUtils.createProject(ProjectUtils.java:134)
    at com.kintana.core.server.execution.CreateProject.createProject(CreateProject.java:178)
    at com.kintana.core.server.execution.CreateProject.execute(CreateProject.java:270)
    at com.kintana.core.server.execution.CommandExecutionAgent.doExecuteCommands(CommandExecutionAgent.java:849)
    at com.kintana.core.server.execution.CommandExecutionAgent.executeCommands(CommandExecutionAgent.java:723)
    at com.kintana.core.server.execution.BaseExecutionManager.executeBatchForRegularExecution(BaseExecutionManager.java:1166)
    at com.kintana.core.server.execution.BaseExecutionManager.executeBatch(BaseExecutionManager.java:1100)
    at com.kintana.core.server.execution.BaseExecutionManager.run(BaseExecutionManager.java:842)
Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "[REQ.P.KNTA_REGION]"
    at com.mercury.itg.util.integration.ProjectUtils.createProject(ProjectUtils.java:188)
    ... 8 more

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Max,

Could you please double check the value you are assigning to the "[REQ.P.KNTA_REGION]" field? Looks like it is wrong as you can see in the error,

Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "[REQ.P.KNTA_REGION]"

Best regards,
Randall

"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Randall, can you please tell me where I can check the value?

Max

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

So, I think I found the right spot.  I went to the ksc_create_project Special Command and retrieved the code from the command "Create Project".  Here is what I got:

ksc_run_java com.kintana.core.server.execution.CreateProject  -projectName "[REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_NAME]" -projectTypeName "[REQ.VP.KNTA_PROJECT_TYPE]" -startDate "[REQ.P.KNTA_PLAN_START_DATE]" -endDate "[REQ.P.KNTA_PLAN_FINISH_DATE]" -projectManager "[REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_MANAGER]" -region "[REQ.P.KNTA_REGION]" -requestID [REQ.REQUEST_ID] -userID [SYS.USER_ID] -userName "[SYS.USERNAME]"

The issue I have here is that when I went to look at the tokens, there is no token for the KNTA_REGION for a Request.  Request Type does not even show up in the list. 

If I read the error correctly, I'd have to change "[REQ.P.KNTA_REGION]" to something else, correct?  Maybe [ORG.REGION]?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Sure Max!

You should check the execution step that creates the new project. There should be the issue.

Best regards,
Randall

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

The execution step worked on another project request we had in the past, but it will not work with this one.  I have reviewed it and cannot figure out how to change the value of the Region or where to change it.  I strongly suspect that I am very close, but cannot figure it out.  I agree that the execution step seems to be the issue, but am going in circles....

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Max.

Go to your workflow, then to the execution step. right click on it and do "Edit source". There you should be able to see the steps that the execution take.

Best regards,
Randall

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

That is exactly where I am at.  The crate project step is the OOTB step, so it should work, right?  I had previously copied it and created a new WF step, but that didn't work as well.  Now am am back to using the original step and still get the same error. 

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Max,

Is your request type an OOTB? I'd like you to test this on a seeded request type in order to see if there is a problem with your request.

Best regards,
Randall

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

The OOTB request and workflow provide the same result.  The error points to the [REQ.P.KNTA_REGION] as well.

Max

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.