Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Error on New Project Type Creation Event

Jump to solution

I have created a new workflow that takes one of two paths.  Path one is that if a Manager decides not to allow a project to go forward, he/she simply closes it.  Path two transfers the existing data in the form to a new project and auto creates the project form.  When I attempted the first test it threw the following error:

------------------------

Running command: com.kintana.core.server.execution.TakeSnapshot -requestId 35032 -snapshotName "[#]" -snapshotDescription "[]" -planOfRecord "true"
Running command: com.kintana.core.server.execution.CreateProject  -projectName "Test Roadmap Porject WF-2" -projectTypeName "[REQ.VP.KNTA_PROJECT_TYPE]" -startDate "32964" -endDate "33024" -projectManager "100692" -region "[REQ.P.KNTA_REGION]" -requestID 35032 -userID 100530 -userName "adm-mhug"
Configuring connection...
Ready to take snapshot: #
Snapshot taken successfully with new ID = 33995
Done taking a new snapshot
Configuring connection...
Ready to create project from Project Type: [REQ.VP.KNTA_PROJECT_TYPE]
An unknown error has occurred. For more information, please contact your PPM administrator and provide the following GUID number:
GUID=567A2426-766F-D822-600D-0CB0DB212FE8 For input string: "[REQ.P.KNTA_REGION]"

ID = 35032 in DEV

------------------------------

I beleive that this is the result of the project type not automatically associating with the region, but cannot figure out how to make the defaulted region (US) part of the project type. 

Any assistance is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Max

0 Likes
18 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Max,

Could you please send us the whole server log and execution log of the step?

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Logs attached...

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Max,

There is a defect related to this issue,

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1L39525

What is your PPM version?

Best regards,
Randall

"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”

View solution in original post

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

This is interesting, as I was not able to find this specific defect when I did my search on the HP Support site. 

We are running version 9.22 on the servers, and this defect points to version 9.10.   I would think that the Hotfix had been applied to a future version upgrade...correct?  If this is the case, then it has resurrected itself after all this time maybe?  I think this unlikely, but possible I suppose.  Maybe it's time to open a ticket for formal support unless anyone can come up with some other possiblity.

Max 

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I have opened a ticket requesting the Hotfix and support for the issue.  Thanks to all for the troubleshooting effort and input.

Max

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Max,

I am glad to help you!

Best regards,
Randall

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I was able to determine with the assistance of a senior HP Support Tech that the issue was the result of the Request Header not having the PFM Proposal Field Group attached to the request. This field group contains the Region and other fields required to make the request go through the process correctly.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.