MaxH Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Error on Upgrade to 9.32

Jump to solution

We are receiving the following error  after upgrading to 9.32:

Incompatible magic value 3506569216 in class file com/sun/image/codec/jpeg/JPEGImageDecoder

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Max

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Error on Upgrade to 9.32

Jump to solution

Hi Max,

1) I'm taking that you're using OpenJDK here. Even though it's not officially certified for 9.32 according to the PPM support matrix (yet), it's "unofficially" supported and should become officially supported in a later PPM release. Can you share the exact version of Open JDK that you're using? If you don't have the exact version, do you know if you're using Open JDK7 or OpenJDK8?

2) Did you re-deploy the hotfix that I sent you when we've been working on getting OpenJDK to work with PPM (was it with 9.30 or 9.31?). I believe that I did include all the necessary fixes directly in 9.32, so you shouldn't have to re-deploy this patch. Please remove it if you still have a file itg.war/WEB-INF/classes/com/sun/image/codec/jpeg/JPEGImageDecoder.class

3) Could you send me the full stack trace of the error? If it's the same kind of issue as what was happening during the first OpenJDK troubleshooting, you can reproducing by showing any gantt portlet (on project summary page or using a gantt portlet on dashboard).

Thanks,

Etienne.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Max,

1) I'm taking that you're using OpenJDK here. Even though it's not officially certified for 9.32 according to the PPM support matrix (yet), it's "unofficially" supported and should become officially supported in a later PPM release. Can you share the exact version of Open JDK that you're using? If you don't have the exact version, do you know if you're using Open JDK7 or OpenJDK8?

2) Did you re-deploy the hotfix that I sent you when we've been working on getting OpenJDK to work with PPM (was it with 9.30 or 9.31?). I believe that I did include all the necessary fixes directly in 9.32, so you shouldn't have to re-deploy this patch. Please remove it if you still have a file itg.war/WEB-INF/classes/com/sun/image/codec/jpeg/JPEGImageDecoder.class

3) Could you send me the full stack trace of the error? If it's the same kind of issue as what was happening during the first OpenJDK troubleshooting, you can reproducing by showing any gantt portlet (on project summary page or using a gantt portlet on dashboard).

Thanks,

Etienne.

0 Likes
MaxH Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

I re-deployed the solution, works now.  Thanks again Etienne.

Max

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.