MaxH Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Error validating value for field REQ.WORKFLOW_NAME: no valid data was found for autocomplete.

Jump to solution

We are getting the following error on project creation:

Error validating value "CSI Workflow" for field REQ.WORKFLOW_NAME: no valid data was found for autocomplete.

The workflow is being called in a rule, but the screen gives this error every time we attempt to create a prject of tis type.  Can anyone give me an idea of why this might be occurring?  The log tells exactly the same story:

ERROR JSESSIONID=47C8059AA66DCEB332A048DE48DC82ED.kintana,USERNAME=kkennedy server:http-0.0.0.0-8080-Processor20:com.mercury.itg.util.integration.RequestUtils:2014/02/27-15:09:05.333 CST: An HP internal error has occurred. Please contact HP Project and Portfolio Management support if the problem persists. (KNTA-10023)
GUID=C1ABDBCC-F95C-D096-F8B3-DA40E3B89688
nested detail:
Error validating value "CSI Workflow" for field REQ.WORKFLOW_NAME: no valid data was found for autocomplete.

Thanks,

Max

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mike_se Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Error validating value for field REQ.WORKFLOW_NAME: no valid data was found for autocomplete.

Jump to solution

Hmmm that's strange. It is the Simple Rule.

Only things I can think of:

1) The Workflow Field was made Hidden so it cannot be set

2) The Workfow is disabled

Did you touch the Workflow Field in the Request Type? If so, try changing it back to the default settings as a test.

-Mike

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
6 Replies
mike_se Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Error validating value for field REQ.WORKFLOW_NAME: no valid data was found for autocomplete.

Jump to solution

Hi Max,

There is a Simple Rule where can set the Workflow with the seeded Validation (which basically hardcodes the Workflow).

Are you using this or some kind of Token in an Advanced Rule?

The error is basically saying that the Workflow Name provided does not match one in the Auto Complete List. May be the Workflow was disabled?

-Mike

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response Mike.  I am using the follwoing rule (attached screenshot) and the workflow is enabled.

0 Likes
mike_se Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hmmm that's strange. It is the Simple Rule.

Only things I can think of:

1) The Workflow Field was made Hidden so it cannot be set

2) The Workfow is disabled

Did you touch the Workflow Field in the Request Type? If so, try changing it back to the default settings as a test.

-Mike

“HP Support
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks Mike.  Steered me back on course.  The workflow field was hidden, so it prevented the Project from being made.  Appreciate the assist.

Max

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Actually, I thought this worked, but it turns out that it did not.  I was using my admin account and then even my own personal user account and got one to create successfully.  when I had other user try it, it failed again.

I ensured the security settings were defaulted and that the field was visible in the Request Header, but users still receive the same error.

0 Likes
mike_se Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hmmmmm, so if it works for one User and not the others, what is the difference with this User compared to the others is what has to be figured out:

I think the next things to check are:

1) Field Level Security on that Workflow Field (sounds like you checked this already)

2) Security Group/Access Grants differences (create a new User and give the same Security Groups as the admin to see if they can create; create another new User and give the same Security Groups as the Users haveing the issue to see if issue can be reproduced)

Let's see if that helps narrow it down further.

-Mike

“HP Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.