Tim_Gator Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Escape Characters for Custom Rule SQL

In PPM 9.32, I am trying to populate a read only text field based on what is chosen in a multi select auto complete list. Since the user may sleect more than one value, I am trying to use REGEXP_SUBSTR with a bracketed expression in the where clause below ([^;]):

lookup_code = REGEXP_SUBSTR('[REQ.P.STRATEGIC_ALIGN_CAT1]', '[^;]+', 1, 1) 

When I try to save the Rule, it barks at me about having an ill-formatted token in my SQL. I assume that there is something in the SQL validator that sees the square brackets of my regular expression and thinks it is supposed to be reading a token. 

Are there any escape characters that I can use so to make the SQL validator ignore my expression brackets?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Contributor.. Asphalt09 Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: Escape Characters for Custom Rule SQL

Hello Tim,

Can you please attach a screenshot of the auto complete list and rule configuration on the workbech.

Regards,  

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Escape Characters for Custom Rule SQL

Hi Tim,

have you tried this way?

lookup_code = REGEXP_SUBSTR('[REQ.P.STRATEGIC_ALIGN_CAT1]', chr(91)||'^;' || chr(93) || '+', 1, 1)

Nicola

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.