Rich Y_1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Excel Report Question

Jump to solution

I'm using a datas source to export PPM data to an excel report.  The data source builds a calendar of users out of the office for each day.  To do this I'm using HTML code and on a Portlet it looks like this

2/15

John Smith

Larry Jones

Put if I take that same datasource and do an Excel report the ceill reads

2/15<br>John Smith<br>Larry Jones

Has anyone found a way that PPM can HTML codes to Excel or do you know of a way I can change the Datasource to do the correct line feeds for Excel?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. alex-h Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Excel Report Question

Jump to solution

I forgot few tips :

On Excel report,

you cann add the tags on the same cell, with the font / color / size as you want. Jett will reproduce the cell properties for all the rows.

${myDataSource.TimeSheetPeriod} : ${myDataSource.resourceName} (${myDataSource.resourceManagerName})

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

Excel "Jett" engine is not able to manage HTML-like tags in spreadsheet cells.

Suggested solution :

1. Get a clean Data Source with NO HTML tags at all.

2. For Portlets, manage HTML code from Portlet Definition itself : PPM is able to use javascript code in Portlet Field area.

PPM limitation : on 9.30, Portlet Export to Excel will not work well. This is fixed on later PPM releases (9.31 unsure, but in 9.32 contains the workaround : new Portlet Preference option "Export to HTML Excel"

(

Warning :  option "Export to HTML Excel" is not on Portlet Definition side.

I've submitted an enhancement request to fix that functional issue. HP PPM Functional Architect : you had one job ! **bleep** !

)

3. For Excel report, you will find all tips and tricks to design Excel report like you want in HP PPM Excel Cook Book documentation . (technical information here : http://jett.sourceforge.net/ )

Kind regards

Alex-H

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I forgot few tips :

On Excel report,

you cann add the tags on the same cell, with the font / color / size as you want. Jett will reproduce the cell properties for all the rows.

${myDataSource.TimeSheetPeriod} : ${myDataSource.resourceName} (${myDataSource.resourceManagerName})

0 Likes
Rich Y_1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply and confirming that HTML will not work in Excel

0 Likes
olbond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

You can try to make your report by means of Zebra Excel tool. It is designed to help make the reports smarter and more comprehensive. Give it a try, moreover, a free trial is available!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.