Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Excel Report Using a Java Preprocessor - Error running report: null

Jump to solution

Hi,

I run the Excel Report that use Java Preprocessor and getting the following error:

Running report epmo/EPMOPortfolioDashboardTemplateV2.xlsx
Looking for template in: /app/ppm/dev/conf/custom_excel_templates/epmo/EPMOPortfolioDashboardTemplateV2.xlsx - Template file found.
Error running report: null
Performance info for Report Report 32490
Report 32490 : 4339 ms
  Parsing command : 0 ms
  Preparing Data : 134 ms
  Running custom Data Preprocessor : 2556 ms
  Generating Excel Document : 1633 ms
    Filling Excel Template : 1633 ms

The Log file does not give me where in the java class the error originate:

ERROR :CommandRunner for com.kintana.rpt.server.KSCRunExcelReportCommand Batch ID: 41355:(KSCRunExcelReportCommand.java:306):2020/07/13-16:15:28.793 SAST: Error while running Excel Report with template epmo/EPMOPortfolioDashboardTemplateV2.xlsx
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFRow.removeCell(XSSFRow.java:491)
at com.mercury.itg.common.excel.service.ExcelExportServiceImpl.trimEmptyTrailingCellsAndReturnLastRow(ExcelExportServiceImpl.java:177)
at com.mercury.itg.common.excel.service.ExcelExportServiceImpl.findLargeDataInfo(ExcelExportServiceImpl.java:447)
at com.mercury.itg.common.excel.service.ExcelExportServiceImpl.generateDynamicStreamingExcelWorkbook(ExcelExportServiceImpl.java:387)
at com.mercury.itg.common.excel.exporter.ExcelReportExcelExporter.generateWorkbook(ExcelReportExcelExporter.java:35)
at com.kintana.rpt.server.KSCRunExcelReportCommand.execute(KSCRunExcelReportCommand.java:264)
at com.kintana.core.server.execution.CommandRunner.run(CommandRunner.java:120)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Please can you provide some guidance to where the issue might be?

I think it have to do with the Report Parameters which I use in the java setters to set variables depending on if these has been completed by the user but not sure if it is that.

Attached the java source file and the excel template

Labels (5)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Alfred,

This is that same issue mentioned in other threads that I already fixed in PPM 9.61 (or was it 9.60?).

Anyway, the problem is likely that there's a "null" cell in the group of merged cells below "Escalations & Action:"

Try to reduce the height of the merged zone by a couple of lines so that the line of "Total EBITDA impact" is the last line of your sheet and doesn't have any merged cell on the same line, then save your template and try again.

Cheers,

Etienne.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Alfred,

This is that same issue mentioned in other threads that I already fixed in PPM 9.61 (or was it 9.60?).

Anyway, the problem is likely that there's a "null" cell in the group of merged cells below "Escalations & Action:"

Try to reduce the height of the merged zone by a couple of lines so that the line of "Total EBITDA impact" is the last line of your sheet and doesn't have any merged cell on the same line, then save your template and try again.

Cheers,

Etienne.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hi Etienne,

Apologies, yes it's the same issue as in the other thread.

Thanks, issue resolved.

Regards,

Alfred

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.