ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Excel Reporting - Large Data Mode, syntax question

Hi,

Is it possible to pass parameters into the query statement when using Excel reporting in large data mode?  For instance, see the two queries below.  The first one works, but the second one gives an error.  Would this be considered scripting that is not supported by "large data mode", or do I have a syntax issue?

1.  "${{ largeData = ppmdb.execQuery('select request_id, request_number, project_name,  prj_project_class_code, status_name, request_type_name, workflow_name, reqh_visible_parameter10 secInd from requests_view where request_type_name = \'BIS Project\' and rownum < 3');
return '';}}"

2.  "${{ largeData = ppmdb.execQuery('select request_id, request_number, project_name,  prj_project_class_code, status_name, request_type_name, workflow_name, reqh_visible_parameter10 secInd from requests_view where request_type_name = \'BIS Project\' and rownum < ?', NUMROWS');
return '';}}"

The part in bold is where I'm unsure. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello, Could you please attach the error you are getting by proving the second query?

Regards,

Alonso Arguedas Miranda
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hey Alonso,

Here is the error I get:

Error running report: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hey,

This error is too generally. Could you please attach the kSupport file here?

Thanks,

Alonso

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I'd be happy to attach the kSupport, but before I do so I'd like to know if what I am attempting to do in large data mode is supported.  Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.