Super Contributor.. JodieOndrejka Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Excel Reporting - Large Data Mode with Excel Formulas

Jump to solution

I have an Excel Report that contains excel formulas.  Works great in normal Excel Reporting but I'm having problems in changing over to use Large Data Mode.  I haven't been able to find anything in the Excel Cookbook for this for Large Data Mode.

1)  Is it possible to have excel formulas in Large Data Mode?

2) If so, what is the syntax for Large Data Mode? 

Non-Large Data Mode syntax is $[IF(ISBLANK(BB2), "", (BB2-BA2)+1)]

We're running PPM version 9.32.0002.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Excel Reporting - Large Data Mode with Excel Formulas

Jump to solution

Hi,

I checked the document and cannot find anything to show how to used formular in Large data mode, not sure whether this is a large data mode limitation.

With Large Data mode, you can insert data into the Excel report file row by row in a very efficient way,
without loading the whole XLSX file into memory. However this improvement on memory and
performance comes at a cost. It is not possible to use any of the features of the JETT third-party, such
as scripting, placeholders, tags, cells formatting, on the data that is inserted in Large Data mode.

There are other limitations with Large Data mode. The data can only be inserted at the bottom of the
first spreadsheet of the workbook; only one list of values can be inserted in a given workbook.
As a result, Large Data mode is typically used to output some large amounts of raw data that will be
filtered, formatted, or rendered as charts on other spreadsheets of the workbook by leveraging all the
features of Excel reports.

I thought we need the confirm from R&D guys.

Regards,

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
2 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

I checked the document and cannot find anything to show how to used formular in Large data mode, not sure whether this is a large data mode limitation.

With Large Data mode, you can insert data into the Excel report file row by row in a very efficient way,
without loading the whole XLSX file into memory. However this improvement on memory and
performance comes at a cost. It is not possible to use any of the features of the JETT third-party, such
as scripting, placeholders, tags, cells formatting, on the data that is inserted in Large Data mode.

There are other limitations with Large Data mode. The data can only be inserted at the bottom of the
first spreadsheet of the workbook; only one list of values can be inserted in a given workbook.
As a result, Large Data mode is typically used to output some large amounts of raw data that will be
filtered, formatted, or rendered as charts on other spreadsheets of the workbook by leveraging all the
features of Excel reports.

I thought we need the confirm from R&D guys.

Regards,

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

Just to confirm, no, you cannot have dynamic Excel Formulas inserted using $$ large data $$ mode.

However, any normal excel formulas inserted in the sheet will remain working, and you can also insert "JETT" formulas ( http://jett.sourceforge.net/expressions/jett_formulas.html ) anywhere except in the $$ large data zone $$ (i.e. last line of first sheet). They will be rendered during the "normal" template rendering that always happens before the large data insert mode occurs.

Cheers,

Etienne.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.