jphahn Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Excel Reporting access to CP4 DB

Jump to solution

Hello

I'm doing my first steps with Excel reporting and it works fine for accessing the PPMC DB directly.

Now I try to access the CP4 DB and get the following error:

Running report Test.xlsx
Error running report: net.sf.jett.exception.AttributeExpressionException: Null value or expected variable missing in expression "${reportingdb.execQuery('SELECT Quelle, Monat, RESOURCE_ID, HK FROM HEL_RES_CAPA_ASS_ACT_V')}". at org.apache.poi.ss.util.CellReference [Rohdaten!A4]

The excel query looks as follows:

<jt:forEach items="${reportingdb.execQuery('SELECT Quelle, Monat, RESOURCE_ID, HK FROM HEL_RES_CAPA_ASS_ACT_V')}" var="u">

and in the server.conf (clustered environment) we have tho following parameters:

com.kintana.core.server.REPORTING_JDBC_URL=jdbc:oracle:thin:@A:B:C
com.kintana.core.server.REPORTING_DB_USERNAME=X
com.kintana.core.server.REPORTING_DB_PASSWORD= XYZ

• What needs to be configured additionally to access the CP4 DB from within PPMC?
  • Which user is used to access the CP4 DB?
  • Does that user have to be also granted access in CP4DB?
  • Is any server.conf parameter missing?

Best regards

Jean-Paul Hahn

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Excel Reporting access to CP4 DB

Jump to solution

Hello

Well yes, the query was written in SQL*Devolper and thoroghly tested.

First I found another post witht he same problem that stated that the CP4 password must be in clear text in the server.conf. This did not work.

Finally I created a new Excel file from scratch and the it worked fine. With PPMC 9.41 and CP4 it works even if the password is encrypted. It seems that all the parameters that we have in our server.conf are correct.

It just seems that Excel reports are quite tricky and a typo or a missing space might cause problems

Thank you for your support.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Ariel_V_PPM Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi, 

What happen if you try with an OOTB report? Do you get the same error? 

Also the SQL was tested from some DB developer before?

Regards

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello

Well yes, the query was written in SQL*Devolper and thoroghly tested.

First I found another post witht he same problem that stated that the CP4 password must be in clear text in the server.conf. This did not work.

Finally I created a new Excel file from scratch and the it worked fine. With PPMC 9.41 and CP4 it works even if the password is encrypted. It seems that all the parameters that we have in our server.conf are correct.

It just seems that Excel reports are quite tricky and a typo or a missing space might cause problems

Thank you for your support.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.