Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Exception when adding a URL to Project References

I have come across what at first glance appears to be a curious error being generated when trying to add a URL to the references tab of a Project.

The url in question is to an restricted internal sharepoint site and to my knowledge, similar links have been added previously without error.  In fact i added such a URL to the project last week without error, however now each time I (as an admin user) or the project manager tries to add a similar URL, an exception is thrown up.

We have tried this against different projects and the same exception occurs, however if we add a straightforward URL such as http://www.bbc.co.uk there is no error.

We are currently running on 9.14 and i can see nothing in the HP documentation around requirements/restrictions on URLs, is there any?

Can anyone suggest anything that might cause this?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, What is the size of the URL? Currently, the maximum length is 200 for validation "URL"

Regards,
Dayana Campos
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That would probably explain it then, if there is a 200 character limit, the url is currently 284 characters in length.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, it is the issue, the limit is 200 characters.
We have an ER submitted for this.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.