cat_gon Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

FS Actuals Update via WS - Error

Hi All,

We are using a WS to update our project actuals.

However, for some of the projects we are getting the below error. Most of the projects have no issues.

Do you have any idea on what could be causing this error?

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Read timed out; nested exception is:
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out; nested exception is:
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Read timed out; nested exception is:
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:227)
at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:674)
at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:237)
at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(OutInAxisOperation.java:202)
at com.mercury.itg.ws.fm.client.FinanceServiceStub.readFinancialSummary(FinanceServiceStub.java:2231)
at fm.MyFinancialSummaryClient.readFinancialSummary(MyFinancialSummaryClient.java:688)
at fm.MyFinancialSummaryClient.main(MyFinancialSummaryClient.java:312)

Cath

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: FS Actuals Update via WS - Error

Hello Cath,

Regarding this issue, please try the following workaround and let me know the results:

1) Increase the timeout by adding the following parameter into transportSender section in client_axis2.xml

parameter name="CONNECTION_TIMEOUT"
     locked="false">some_int_value</parameter>

2) Configure it in the web service call:

ProjectServiceStub stub = new ProjectServiceStub(ctx, WSURL);
stub._getServiceClient().getOptions().setTimeOutInMilliSeconds(60*60*1000);

The problem seems to be axis library's issue. The both ways above (client_axis2.xml and in the web service call) seems to be axis library's methods to set the time out.

I will be aware for your comments.

Thanks,
Bryan. 

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: FS Actuals Update via WS - Error

Hello Cath,

Please let me know if you checked my last reply on this thread.

If further assistance is needed, please let me know.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Bryan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.