New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Finding Every Instance of an Organizational change

I'm hoping someone can help on this.  We had a recent change to our organizational structure and had to change some of the departments within our Org structure.  when we did this, it broke several portlets on dashboards and OOTB list functions.  We suspect this was caused by chanign the name of the department.  I am wondering if there is anyone out there who might have encountered this and determined how to remediate the situation, or if there is an online expert who can tell me how to query the database for every possible instance of the department name for all request and project types.  I think maybe updating the tables with the correct naming convention for the department(s) in question will fix everything.  Thanks.

Max

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello Max,

I hope you are doing great today.

Couple of questions regarding this:

1- When you changed this department names, did you did it from the database level?

2- What happens if you create a new portlet definition with the same attributes? Still gives you the same issue?

Best regards,

DomPPM

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

No, we did not do it from the DB level.  The change was made from within the Organizational Structure of the application.  If a new portlet is created, the same probelm re-occurs.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.