TorstenNeumann Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Firefox / Chrome: You must provide a value for the field "Request Id" to complete the validation

Jump to solution

Dear HP PPM Experts,

just learned that we have the Experts' Day today - great news 🙂

For quite some time we have been facing the following issue. When our users access HP PPM (currently at version 9.31) using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browsers, they receive the following message when opening a request detail page:

"You must provide a value for the field "Request Id" to complete the validation"

(see screen shot)

This is due to a request type SQL rule that uses the request ID as an input value. In Internet Explorer this works fine.

Any idea how to work around this situation?

Thanks for your help!

Torsten

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Firefox / Chrome: You must provide a value for the field "Request Id" to complete the

Jump to solution

Hi Torsten,

Regarding the Firefox issue, I would like to tell you that the latest version of Mozilla Firefox supported on PPM Center version 9.31 is extended to 31.2

Extended Support Release (ESR), please help me to try on this version and let me know the result.

Regarding Chrome issue, please help me to do the following things:

1) Stop the PPM service.

2) Delete tmp and work and run kJSPCompiler.sh. Delete the two directories \server<\\tmp and \server\\work (file://tmp%20and%20/server/work)>

Note: Repeat for all servers (nodes)

Note: Do not back up these directories up as they will be re-created when the PPM instance is started.

3) Go to PPM_HOME/server/SERVER_NAME/log and re-name the serverLog.txt file. This will allow for a clean log to review.

4) Restart PPM service.

5) Run kRunCacheManager.sh A (clear all cache).

6) Clear ALL cache and history in Chrome.

If you have clustering, please repeat this for the entire nodes.

7) Clear the Client Java cache.

Start --> Control Panel --> Java --> Temporary Internet Files --> Delete Files

I am looking forward to your kind response!

Regards,

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
7 Replies

Re: Firefox / Chrome: You must provide a value for the field "Request Id" to complete the

Jump to solution

Hi Torsten,

Regarding the Firefox issue, I would like to tell you that the latest version of Mozilla Firefox supported on PPM Center version 9.31 is extended to 31.2

Extended Support Release (ESR), please help me to try on this version and let me know the result.

Regarding Chrome issue, please help me to do the following things:

1) Stop the PPM service.

2) Delete tmp and work and run kJSPCompiler.sh. Delete the two directories \server<\\tmp and \server\\work (file://tmp%20and%20/server/work)>

Note: Do not back up these directories up as they will be re-created when the PPM instance is started.

3) Go to PPM_HOME/server/SERVER_NAME/log and re-name the serverLog.txt file. This will allow for a clean log to review.

4) Restart PPM service.

5) Run kRunCacheManager.sh A (clear all cache).

6) Clear ALL cache and history in Chrome.

If you have clustering, please repeat this for the entire nodes.

7) Clear the Client Java cache.

Start --> Control Panel --> Java --> Temporary Internet Files --> Delete Files

I am looking forward to your kind response!

Regards,

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
TorstenNeumann Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks!

With Firefox 31 ESR the issue disappeared as well as in Google Chrome after having applied the steps you suggested.

This is great news for my end users as Google Chrome is one of the officially supported browsers in our company.

Cheers,

Torsten

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi Torsten,

Glad to hear that!!!

Hope you have a nice day!

Regards,

“HP Support
0 Likes
Absent Member.. alex-h Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

We have also this issue with modern Firefox and Chromium/Chrome.

After RequestDetails.jsp analysis, we have found two occurences of

<input type=hidden name=REQUEST_ID value=9990> (apparently on top of RequestDetailsNew.jsp)

and later

<input type=hidden name=REQUEST_ID value=9990> (apparently generated by the "request id field").

both input with the same name in the same form.

In recent browser, javascript has evolved and didn't throw any answer when we use getElementByID() if we have more than one input with the same name.

In RequestDetailsNew.jsp we have found where the first occurence of this input is created. We have simply commented this line. Since this change we didn't see any trouble with Firefox and Chrome.

Kind regards,

François-Alexandre

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Absent Member.. alex-h Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

And apparently in 9.31.0002 there is a new RequestDetailsNew.jsp, and the line we have commented is still here. So we didn't expect any fix about this issue in the latest PPM patch.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

All, This is getting fixed as part of 9.32 and 9.31.0003...

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

... and if you can't wait for 9.31.0003 or 9.32, I provided an extra way to get it fixed  at the end of this thread:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Project-and-Portfolio-Management/POP-UP-box-in-PPM-when-using-Chrome-browser/td-p/6480082#.VfklwRGqqko

Just make sure you backup your files before trying that.

Thanks,

Etienne.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.