Frequent Contributor.. Sametria Holt Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Getting License Usage Exceeded in Error PPM 9.42

We recently upgraded our database to Oracle 12G and refreshed the data from prod.  Now when I install the appropriate license files I'm getting the license usage exceeded error but I have not used all of my allotted license.  I've already truncated the license data source table, run the sh kLicenseReader.sh command to verify everything is installed correctly after putting the licenses back in place so I really don't know why this is happening.  Has this happened with anyone else after upgrading Oracle?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Trusted Contributor.. ScottW1 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Getting License Usage Exceeded in Error PPM 9.42

We upgraded to 12c last year and did not encounter this issue. 

I understand multiple license files can be applied, so I would verify that all have been applied.

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

Hello and thank you for your response. I have verified several times all files are applied, I can see them in the database andwhen I run the sh kLicenseReader.sh command.  There appears to be some disconnect between the files being installed in the database and what the app is reading on startup.  Which oracle 12c client are you using, the 32 or 64 bit?  

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. ScottW1 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

12.2.0.1.0 64-bit

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Amishra Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

i dont think it is related to your oracle upgrade or version- you mentioned you refreshed prod from dev, clearly prod has more licensed users than number of available licenses in dev and hence the error. 

You need to find out what is the license count per module, what is its usage both in prod and dev. 

Once you find the discrepancy then you can remove users and their license or run a backend script to clear the license allocations .

Also before applying the dev license you need to truncated the license data source table (which got copied from prod)

Regards,
Ajay Mishra
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

Thank you for your response. I actually have followed all if those steps. We have the same number if licenses for both environments and I've confirmed the appropriate licenses are in place. I've also truncated the license tables in the database and reapplied the licenses. It's very strange.
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Amishra Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

that is strange, do you have a screen capture of the error ? 

Regards,
Ajay Mishra
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.