Absent Member.. bhawnavirmani Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Google Chrome Compatibile with PPM 9.31

Hello All,

As per compatibility matrix google chrome 39 is compatible with PPM 9.31 , but when we are trying to use Export to Excel in gioogle chrome for existng reports, it starts downloading the ReportinExcel.jsp itself .

Any body faced this issue ?

Thanks

Bhawna

0 Likes
2 Replies
knsub Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Google Chrome Compatibile with PPM 9.31

Hello Bhawna,

I would like to inform you that Chrome 39 is not yet certified for PPM 9.31 version.

I understand that the supported browser in compatibility matrix document says "Google Chrome 36 or later". But this is a misunderstanding that it can support any later version. Please notice that LATER means any minor update for Chrome 36 not versions like 37, 38 or 39.

As a workaround use an older version of Chrome until Chome 39 is officially certified by HP.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Subash

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Google Chrome Compatibile with PPM 9.31

Hi Banwa,

Are you sure that this ReportinExcel.jsp is part of PPM built-in files?

To me it looks like this is a JSP report not created by HP, so how it saves to Excel and how it behaves in Chrome has been designed by whoever wrote that JSP, not by HP.

My guess is that that JSP is not using the proper mime type when exporting the data to Excel, which causes Chrome to download the JSP instead of opening it as an Excel file.

Note also that if what you want is create a report in Excel format, then you might be interested in looking at the "Excel Reports" feature available since PPM 9.30.

Kind Regards,

Etienne.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.