Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HP Diagnostics

Jump to solution

HI All,

Has anyone set up HP Diagnostics to work with the HP DIagnostics Probe that comes with PPM?

I am curious as to the setup instructions and any other details that might be useful.

I found the files for the Probe in the PPM_Home/utilities/diagnostics/ folder - however it seems very vague.

The references in there are to the old Mercury application which was bought by HP. What version of HP Diagnostics will the probe that ships with PPM work on?

Any information on what all the Probe monitors?

The Best practices guide only mentions "Ships with PPM Center and helps monitor transient data."

This would be for a Windows implementation of 9.14.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Looks like that KCS article may be an internal one.

What it says is that the Tool is not actually supported (see below).

We can also follow up with Resources in-house to see if this is indeed the case (and if so, why is it still being shipped with the product).

-Mike

"Please be aware that we don’t support HP Diagnostics on HP PPM Center. As far as I was able to find out, the version shipped with PPM Center is only an evaluation app and we don’t support it.

I have also found that it might in fact be HP Diagnostics that is actually causing the performance-issue on your environment as described in the case, since I have found a similar issue (pretty old) which might have actually led to not supporting the tool at all :

Many tools and methods are available for monitoring PPM Center performance. The following tools for monitoring and analyzing the behavior of your systems are available from HP:

- HP Sitescope
Provides system resource profiling and enables you to configure alerts.

- HP Business Availability Center (BAC)
Provides remote performance monitoring capability and enables end-to-end transaction monitoring.

Many tools are available for monitoring database performance. HP recommends that you analyze and fully understand your organization’s specific needs in selecting a database performance monitoring tool.

If you have the need to monitor the performance of PPM, please get in touch with your sales-representative / account representative who can hook you up with a knowlegeable person regarding above constellations and offer some supported solution to assist you in your business processes."

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi ScQuinn,

I found a KB article that might help you,

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM804410

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Looks like that KCS article may be an internal one.

What it says is that the Tool is not actually supported (see below).

We can also follow up with Resources in-house to see if this is indeed the case (and if so, why is it still being shipped with the product).

-Mike

"Please be aware that we don’t support HP Diagnostics on HP PPM Center. As far as I was able to find out, the version shipped with PPM Center is only an evaluation app and we don’t support it.

I have also found that it might in fact be HP Diagnostics that is actually causing the performance-issue on your environment as described in the case, since I have found a similar issue (pretty old) which might have actually led to not supporting the tool at all :

Many tools and methods are available for monitoring PPM Center performance. The following tools for monitoring and analyzing the behavior of your systems are available from HP:

- HP Sitescope
Provides system resource profiling and enables you to configure alerts.

- HP Business Availability Center (BAC)
Provides remote performance monitoring capability and enables end-to-end transaction monitoring.

Many tools are available for monitoring database performance. HP recommends that you analyze and fully understand your organization’s specific needs in selecting a database performance monitoring tool.

If you have the need to monitor the performance of PPM, please get in touch with your sales-representative / account representative who can hook you up with a knowlegeable person regarding above constellations and offer some supported solution to assist you in your business processes."

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thank you for this information.

I am very interested to find out the opinion on HP Diagnostics - in particular with the performance issues and if it is no longer supported. That way we can update our internal documentation and our recommendations for monitoring the application.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Sure thing.

I am following up with Resources.

As soon as I have more information (hopefully in the next day or two), will let you know right away.

-Mike

“HP Support
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi,

It has been confirmed this is indeed a Documentation Defect and  has been logged as Defect QCCR1L53112.

The files will also be removed this from the file system.

-Mike

“HP Support
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thanks for following up.

Very useful to know!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.