TomB_Zones Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

HP PPM - Changing Dropdown Values in a Form

Jump to solution

Hi,

I received a request from the staff I support to change a dropdown value from "Information Services" to "Information Technology Services". I have looked all over for where I change this value. I can't find a forms designer or files to edit anywhere.

I was hired a couple of months after the former administrator retired, and no one else knew how he did his job. This is my first time administering HP PPM.

How do I access the list of values, so I can add the word "Technology" to that item in the menu?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aurobinda Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: HP PPM - Changing Dropdown Values in a Form

Jump to solution
Hi Tom,
Thanks for the snapshot. Its very clear now.
Please follow below steps.
1. Open workbench
2. Click on configuration and then validation
3. Search for "PPM - Department - Enabled" and open it.
4. Once validation is opened, look for this value and click on edit to modify it.
5. Modify the meaning field and click OK it.
6. Now click on Save and then check from front to validate the change.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi Tom,
Please follow below steps, it might help.
1. Assuming this is a custom request type,
Open request type in workbench.
2. Find the section name, under which the field is present.
3. In workbench, open the same section and maximize it, by clicking the plus sign left to it.
4. Select field and click on edit.
5. Now open the validation by clicking on open.
6. From this validation try to locate the value, which you want modify.
Other places:
a. Once you have the validation name from above steps, click on configuration in workbench and userdata.
b. Try to find out validation userdata for this validation (you will not get it, if its not configured.)
c. You may also find the dropdown values by writing quey on tables.
Take the reference code of the validation.
Write query on knta_validations. Find the details and try to join with knta look_ups table.
In case the validation name is changed, this way you may find out the DD valu you are looking for.
0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply!

I am a little confused. I know almost nothing about this system. What I need to edit is the circled and highlighted value in the attachment. All I am finding in Workbench is actionable package types. I'm editing a form, not a package type. Are these treated the same in HP PPM?

Is there some way I can find out what the form or menu is called, so I can open the request type as you indicated? We have over a hundred object types, and none of them have names that reflect what they are.

Thank you for all your help.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi Tom,
Please ignore my previous update.
After viewing the image, could see you are on the correct page.
Here in the field it self change the name then click on save button.
That should work for you.
0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks, Aurobinda. Please see the screen capture image again. The value that I need to edit is the circled value from the dropdown menu. I can't edit that value from within the form. When I type in the dropdown, the list jumps to the value already in the menu.

Where can I edit this menu to change the circled value from "Information Services" to "Information Technology Services".

I only need to edit that dropdown menu, not the name of the orginzational unit.

I'll add another screen capture to further clarify this because the first one looks like it's in the top field, but I need the "Department" menu edited.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi Tom,
Thanks for the snapshot. Its very clear now.
Please follow below steps.
1. Open workbench
2. Click on configuration and then validation
3. Search for "PPM - Department - Enabled" and open it.
4. Once validation is opened, look for this value and click on edit to modify it.
5. Modify the meaning field and click OK it.
6. Now click on Save and then check from front to validate the change.
0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Perfect! It worked. 🙂

Thank you!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.