Absent Member.. AlfredoMonasi Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HP PPM and & Business Object

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I know PPM comes with a Business Object License to create additional reports besides the portlets that PPM has. I would like to know what kind of license is?, just to create report and publish them or has any mayor funcionality?

Where could I get the software (I looked at HP Software Eval Partner and couldn't find it) and the license related?

Regards,

Alfredo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Established Member.. Utkarsh_Mishra
Established Member..

Re: HP PPM and & Business Object

Jump to solution

You can get the details on 

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Project-and-Portfolio-Management/PPM-and-Business-Objects-Reporting/m-p/4836979/highlight/true#M10289

We are also using BO for reporting solution, but here we have developed our own custom reports. You are free to develop your own universe, facts and dimesion tables, report, dashbaords etc.

The major problem is with the ETL, the HP provided ETL job is for specific table and it miss some of the essesntial tables required for reporting. So your need to create your own ETL for the tables that are missing in BO schema.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
5 Replies
Established Member..

Jump to solution

You can get the details on 

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Project-and-Portfolio-Management/PPM-and-Business-Objects-Reporting/m-p/4836979/highlight/true#M10289

We are also using BO for reporting solution, but here we have developed our own custom reports. You are free to develop your own universe, facts and dimesion tables, report, dashbaords etc.

The major problem is with the ETL, the HP provided ETL job is for specific table and it miss some of the essesntial tables required for reporting. So your need to create your own ETL for the tables that are missing in BO schema.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

Absent Member.. AlfredoMonasi Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks Utkarsh,

I'll give it a try. Do you now where I cant get the installers? Should I open a case on HP Support to get it with the license? Because I haven't see it on the Central Software Partner.

Regards,

Alfredo

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Yes, rasie a case with HP they will provide u the dump download link.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

Jenna-HPSW Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi @AlfredoMonasi

If you do need to raise a ticket/case with HP Support you can reach them on the Support Website here for more assistance. 

I am an HP employee.

If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.

Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.

If you need further insight into HP Solutions, please send me a private message or contact an HP Solutions Expert.
pepdwill Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

The Business Objects downloads for PPM are out on the HP Live Network site.

Link:

https://hpln.hp.com/group/operational-reports-content-project-and-portfolio-management

The Downloads tab is where it's at...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.