Highlighted
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

HP Software Support Site - Sorry, access denied

Hello,

Is anyone else receiving repeated "Sorry, access denied" error when using the HP Support Site, or am I the only lucky one.

I've been getting this randomly using the 'Case Manager', 'Self-Solve', and 'Downloads' area.

Thanks

0 Likes
23 Replies
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi Dan,

I can access all now. Check if you can also. Else you might be having problems with either your SAID or your profile perhaps?

Best regards,

Dirk

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hmm, can't be, else you wouldn't be in here .... sorry!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I was getting this troubling error often.  In the Nov/Dec time frame it was especially irritating and I just learned to go away and come back a few hour later. It's not been that frequent in Jan.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This would happen to me if I logged into another HP site then moved over to the support area. I always had to log out completely, close my browser and try again by going directly to the support site.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I get this often enough that whenever I enter a new case, or update one of my existing ones, I save what I have written onto the clipboard before I press the "update" button so that I don't have to go back and try to remember everything to re-enter. I'd I get the error about 20-30% of the time.

Dirk, do you know if they have a maintenance window on Fridays? It seems like the site is usually most troublesome on Fridays...

Also, it seems to generate errors if I'm in the Self-solve knowledge search page and select "All Versions" instead of a specific version.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

All,

HP Support has acknowledged they are having issues with their SSO Site, and IE8.

The resolution is to uncheck the “Preserve Favorites website data” box in the “Delete Browser History” dialog box. (See attached screen print)

On occasion, I still receive the “The service you’ve requested is not available” error message.

I hope this saves everyone the trouble that I had resolving this issue.

Best Regards

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hello,

It's been a couple of years since I've seen this issue, but it appears to be back.

Is anyone else receiving repeated "Sorry, access denied" error when using the HP Support Site, or am I the only lucky one.

I've been getting this randomly using the 'Case Manager', 'Self-Solve', and 'Downloads' area.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'm getting this a lot, also getting a blank page when trying to log in here...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thank God its just not me... I have been recently experiencing this "sporadic" issue a LOT too....and mostly only happens when either I am trying to create a New SR or trying to Update already open one ??   And seems to be more frequent on Fridays ..

Especially, Last Friday evening, I had horrific experience with this while I was dealing with a PPM Outage issue.

Hope HP resoves this soon..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I've been getting the message and just saw this discussion. We still use IE8. Following the instructions above about unchecking the preserve data box solved my problem.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Same here. I'm getting "Sorry, access denied" and nothing else on the page. I got it when I tried to download a software patch. It seems to work again if I try from another browser. Sometiems it works agin when I refresh or attempt from FireFox or another computer.

It's on the Support end. There's nothting wrong with my SAID's or my access. It's really obnoxious and wastes a lot of time. IT would be appropriate for HP to take it seriously and fix the problem.

BMC's support site doesn't have this problem 😛 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.