New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HTML Portlet

Jump to solution
All I am trying to use the HTML portlet. It has never been used in our system and by default it states to hover over the title and then click the edit button. I am not seeing any such edit button. Can someone please instruct on how to modify the HTMl portlet.

Thanks
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class
All you need to do is to add the HTML-portlet to a dashboard page and then click the edit button in the top-right corner (looks like a pencil). Then you can put the content into it.
If the dashboard page is part of a centrally managed module, editing the portlet is done in the module's configuration.
Does that help?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class
All you need to do is to add the HTML-portlet to a dashboard page and then click the edit button in the top-right corner (looks like a pencil). Then you can put the content into it.
If the dashboard page is part of a centrally managed module, editing the portlet is done in the module's configuration.
Does that help?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
Thats what I thought you had to do, but when I click the edit button all I get is the screen in my attachment. This is not a module page, the portlet is on a personal page I created just for testing this.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class
Looks like a compatibility issue regarding the browser you are using. Do you have the chance to use a newer IE (7+) or Firefox?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi,

When does HTML Portlets introduced in HP PPM? I could'nt find any such details in PPM documentaion (PPM 9.1) . If you please have, please post.

Thanks,

Shameem

0 Likes
Highlighted
Lieutenant Commander Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Look for something called "Utility Portlets". You can add the HTML Portlet by using the "Import Portlet Definition" function and choose Java portlet.

Once added, make sure that your external webserver (if configured for PPM) let's you use the HTML editor. For this to work, add the following line to your uriworkermap.properties:

/utility_portlets/*=load_balancer

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Torsten

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.