Super Contributor.. patrick-sa Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Historical Resource data

Jump to solution

Good day,

We use resource management to keep track of development costs of resources and we have developed custom reporting to meet our needs. The report is 100% accurate when we filter by resource but its not accurate when using resource pool.

We have identified the problem as the lack of historical data when resources moves between resource pool. For instance if the resource as in resource pool A before 5th July and now the user has been moved to resource pool B, the query does not return assignments for the previous allocation.

I have attached the screenshot.

As shown above the query only returns the data for the current allocation i.e from the 4th July. The query is shown below , the query runs from the operational data model but I believe it’s the same tables as in the PPM schema.

SELECT *

FROM rpt_dim_rm_resourcepools rdrr,

rpt_fct_rm_res_distribution rfrrd

WHERE rfrrd.resource_pool_id      = rdrr.resource_pool_id

AND rfrrd.resource_id  = 100503   --( you can replace this ID with any resource )

I have tried to read the data model to find where the historical data is stored but I’m unable to get anywhere.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Regards,

Patrick.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor..

Re: Historical Resource data

Jump to solution

Hi AVG,

The query below will return all the resources who have ever been assigned to the resource pool and so it provides a historical result. This has been a great discovery and it has sovled my problem.

SELECT r.RESOURCE_ID

FROM rsc_resource_assignments r ,
  rsc_resource_pools p
WHERE r.RESOURCE_POOL_ID = 30260 -- resource pool id
AND r.RESOURCE_POOL_ID = p.RESOURCE_POOL_ID

0 Likes
2 Replies
Respected Contributor.. Ariel_V_PPM Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Patrick, 

I was checking into my documentation and I didnt find anything useful for your issue, I just want to remind you that PSO can be a good option for this kind of customizations.

Also you can contact Support Team to create a new Enhacement Request if you want,.

Greetings!

AVG! 

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi AVG,

The query below will return all the resources who have ever been assigned to the resource pool and so it provides a historical result. This has been a great discovery and it has sovled my problem.

SELECT r.RESOURCE_ID

FROM rsc_resource_assignments r ,
  rsc_resource_pools p
WHERE r.RESOURCE_POOL_ID = 30260 -- resource pool id
AND r.RESOURCE_POOL_ID = p.RESOURCE_POOL_ID

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.