Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

How do I limit the workflow Reopen to specific users/security groups

Jump to solution

Hi,

Our customer want to limit the workflow reopen to specific users/security groups.

I don't know of anyway that this option can be limited or am I missing something.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Reopen 2021-02-17 135308.png

Regards,

Alfred

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Alfred,

As you may have noticed, if you define a reopen step for the request, any user with "Edit Request" access grant and access to the request will be able to reopen it. The security defined in the workflow decision only takes effect when going through the workflow transition, i.e. clicking the decision button at the top of the request. It doesn't take effect for the reopen step, which is a bit of a "special" case.

You could submit an Idea to improve this situation on PPM Idea Exchange, but until this gets eventually implemented, one workaround you can go with is to create two dedicated steps for reopening the request:

- One first "Propose for Reopen" step (set as the Reopen step in workflow configuration) that users will be able to access by reopening the request from the menu.

-  Another step "Confirm reopening request" that stands between the "Reopen" step and the first active step of your workflow. Only Users with the appropriate Security Group will be able to confirm reopening the request, otherwise it will remain at the "reopen" step, for which you will have a status that indicate that the request is still not effectively reopened. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Alfred,

As you may have noticed, if you define a reopen step for the request, any user with "Edit Request" access grant and access to the request will be able to reopen it. The security defined in the workflow decision only takes effect when going through the workflow transition, i.e. clicking the decision button at the top of the request. It doesn't take effect for the reopen step, which is a bit of a "special" case.

You could submit an Idea to improve this situation on PPM Idea Exchange, but until this gets eventually implemented, one workaround you can go with is to create two dedicated steps for reopening the request:

- One first "Propose for Reopen" step (set as the Reopen step in workflow configuration) that users will be able to access by reopening the request from the menu.

-  Another step "Confirm reopening request" that stands between the "Reopen" step and the first active step of your workflow. Only Users with the appropriate Security Group will be able to confirm reopening the request, otherwise it will remain at the "reopen" step, for which you will have a status that indicate that the request is still not effectively reopened. 

View solution in original post

Commodore Commodore
Commodore
Hi Etienne,
Thank you for the workaround suggestion. I will propose that to the customer as a workaround.
I will submit an Idea to request improvement of the Reopen step.
Regards,
Alfred
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.