Absent Member.. MichaelOne Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to Reopen a subworkflow

Jump to solution

A user closed a project proposal by accident and now wants it reopened. It's a complex workflow so it has subworkflows. When I opened the subworkflow the reopen step option is not editable.

How can the reopen step be activated on a subworkflow or is there another way to reopen this proposal?

Thanks

Michael

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mike_se Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: How to Reopen a subworkflow

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

I think you have to enter the step prior to the sub-workflow so the sub-workflow gets re-launched.

That said, manually editing existing Workflows is a risky proposition (as the warning in the Workbench will tell you). There is a risk of corrupting existing Requests to where they get orphaned. Best to open a new Proposal for now.

Then make a copy of the existing Workflow in STAGE, edit it with the re-open transitions, test that everything works as expected. Then if a new Proposal is closed by mistake in the future, can re-open it without risk of data corruption.

-Mike

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
4 Replies
Absent Member.. randull Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

I guess you can use the Workflow transaction Open Interface in order to force the workflow to go an specific step. You can check the following guide on page 115.

Please backup your  database before to execute any of the steps.

KM00310031

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
mike_se Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

I think you have to enter the step prior to the sub-workflow so the sub-workflow gets re-launched.

That said, manually editing existing Workflows is a risky proposition (as the warning in the Workbench will tell you). There is a risk of corrupting existing Requests to where they get orphaned. Best to open a new Proposal for now.

Then make a copy of the existing Workflow in STAGE, edit it with the re-open transitions, test that everything works as expected. Then if a new Proposal is closed by mistake in the future, can re-open it without risk of data corruption.

-Mike

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Absent Member.. randull Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Good Idea Mike it is like do a dummy test before of doing it on the real proposal.

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member.. MichaelOne Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Thanks for the suggestion and documentation reference on p.115. I really don’t want to go through backing up the database so I think I’ll look into the reply from Mike?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.