How to add custom portlets ?
How to add custom portlets ? We are gonna adding UserNote system in PPM. But how doing don't know. Would you help us ? Where we should start ? Thanks.
So far I see three ways to create a custom portlet
1) Use existing tools that come with your PPM installation
2) Create and import a java portlet
3) Create and import a WSRP portlet.
I use 1, and it works fine for me.
- A Data Source created in the PPM Workbench
- A portlet/module created in the PPM frontend.
See HP PPM Creating Portlets and Modules pdf documentation.
For using PPM existing tools:
- You query the data base for the data you want displayed in your portlet (SQL - structured query language)
This becomes your Data Source created in the PPM Workbench.
- Logon on to your PPM App Server and start the PPM Workbench
- In the left pane select Sys Admin > Server Tools
- Click on the window that says SQL Runner and maximize it.
- In the SQL Statement space, cut and paste the following SQL commands
AND oum.org_unit_id = ou.org_unit_id
AND usr.user_id = oum.user_id
AND usr.username in (select username from knta_users_v where enabled_flag='Y')
order by full_name
- This is the start of a custom portlet for displaying all of the enabled PPM users.
- Once it is running in the SQL runner, you can kind of save it as a permanent Data Source.
- Data Sources are created in the Dashboard > Data Sources section of the PPM Workbench.
"yes, we have no bananas".
You lost me, you were originally asking about custom portlets.
You sound way behind the power curve, and I was trying to spoon feed you a little.
Now you are talking about textarea.
Can you logon to the PPM workbench ?
With a little experience it is easy to display notes for Requests, but you have a long way to go...
I have never seen user input with the standard Data Sources and Portlets that come with PPM.
I am not sure what is available with external portlets (imports).