Absent Member.. Hubery Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to purge historical time sheet data

Jump to solution

In our PPMC PROD, time sheet data grows quickly. For example table TM_ACTUALS_EFFORT has almost 300million rows. Does PPM provide any utility to purge time sheet data? I want to purge timesheets submitted before 3 years. I know there is a report 'Purge Empty Time Sheet Lines'. But it doesn't meet my requirement and cannot handle so huge data volume.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor.. Jeison_R_PPM Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: How to purge historical time sheet data

Jump to solution

Hello Hubery,

According to your question, i think the problem with this report is that the KTMG_PURGE_TIME_SHEET_LINES uses the statement "set serveroutput on size 9999" so, i think this is the main reason cause you can't use it to handle a large volume volume of data as you stated above.

That statement is used to show on screen the messages generated from the database, so, i did a test removing that parameter and ran the report, not with a huge amount of data like you but the report works well, the only think here is that i didn't saw what was deleted.

In the other hand, if you're running on PPM 9.3X, there is a tool named PPM Purge Tool, you can use it to purge the old an stole data from PPM database. You can find the details in the attached guide.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Jason

0 Likes
2 Replies
Trusted Contributor.. Jeison_R_PPM Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello Hubery,

According to your question, i think the problem with this report is that the KTMG_PURGE_TIME_SHEET_LINES uses the statement "set serveroutput on size 9999" so, i think this is the main reason cause you can't use it to handle a large volume volume of data as you stated above.

That statement is used to show on screen the messages generated from the database, so, i did a test removing that parameter and ran the report, not with a huge amount of data like you but the report works well, the only think here is that i didn't saw what was deleted.

In the other hand, if you're running on PPM 9.3X, there is a tool named PPM Purge Tool, you can use it to purge the old an stole data from PPM database. You can find the details in the attached guide.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Hubery Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

HI Jason,

Thanks you so much. It does help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.