shantikala15 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

How to retrieve file from PVCS Version Control system which is in Windows Server

Jump to solution

When moving file from PVCS version control system to unix server the file are corrupted.

How to copy file from window pvcs version control system to unix system using HP PPM deployment management tool

please help

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor.

Re: How to retrieve file from PVCS Version Control system which is in Windows Server

Jump to solution

Hi,

Basically i am looking for the command to pick the file from versioning system(PVCS)

0 Likes
4 Replies
Akif Saburi Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: How to retrieve file from PVCS Version Control system which is in Windows Server

Jump to solution

Make sure you are using correct file type while doing FTP (ASCII/Binary).  Also make sure to run dos2unix command in the unix server after file is FTP'ed

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am able to do ftp from windows server to unix machine.

And able to copy the files using ksc_copy_server_server.

But picking the correct format and content from PVCS is challening task for me.

If you have any idea on please let me know.i am attaching the scrrenshot when i open the file in pvcs server.

Thanks a lot for the support.

0 Likes
Akif Saburi Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution
Quick question, is that error from source (PVCS) or destination ( UNIX ) server. If the file is corrupted at source itself, there is nothing PPM can do.

If the file is corrupted at destination, then look for a field called File Type in the object type. This controls the format.
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Basically i am looking for the command to pick the file from versioning system(PVCS)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.