Established Member.. mallik_248
Established Member..

How to send notifications to multiple recipients from a Workflow Step

Greetings,

I am in need to send out notifications from a particular steps to multiple recipients.

Problem is that the e-mail ids of these recipients are dynamic in nature and they are captured by the system in the run time. I gave it a try by adding them on to the Notification section of the Workflow step configuration as

TO : Enter an Email Address

Email Address : xxxxx@.abc.com,12345@abc.com,mnop@abc.com (Comma seperated)

Result : E-mail was not sent out - Failed

I have also tried the below options in vain ( Semi Colen seperated & #@# seperated)

Email Address : xxxxx@.abc.com;12345@abc.com;mnop@abc.com

Email Address : xxxxx@.abc.com#@#12345@abc.com#@#mnop@abc.com

What is that I am missing here. Since these are dynamic in nature I can not use a Security Group for this purpose.

Any inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mallikarjun

0 Likes
4 Replies
Contributor.. Shiwan_Agrawal Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: How to send notifications to multiple recipients from a Workflow Step

Hello Mallikarjun

Try adding an execution step after your decision step and in that execution step, try to call a procedure to send email.

Thanks,

Shiwan

0 Likes
Established Member..

Hi Shiwa,

Thanks!

You mentioned calling a procedure in an execution step to send the e-mail. Do you mean a pl/sql procedure or an OOTB procedure that sends out the notification? Can you provide more details please.

Thanks,

Mallikarjun

0 Likes
Super Contributor.. skbd Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

I don't know how many others have seen this behavior, but since I migrated to 9.3x, I have run into circumstances where if I have multiple recipients which include a mixture of email addresses and PPM users (selected via a token or security group), I get very dicey results.

Sometimes the email goes out to all recipients, and sometimes it goes to only a subset of recipients.

When I remove the hardcoded email addresses, the behavior of the sending returns to normal and everyone gets the notification.

This issue may be a variant on the same root cause...?

0 Likes
Established Member..

Hi skdb,

Even though dicy, I would like to understand how were you able to send out the notification to multiple recipients ? 🙂

I need to send a notification to 3-4 email ids and all these ids are filled in automatially to a field on the run hence I can not create a Security Group for this.

Any inputs are helpful.

Thanks,

Mallikarjun

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.