Don Seagraves Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to set one preference (filter) value for all portlets in a dashboard?

I have a module with several custom portlets all related to project status reporting.  I would like to only select the project# in the first portlet then be able to read or obtain that project# filter for all the other portlets in the dashboard.  The user normally has to enter the same project# on each portlet in the dashboard.  Instead I just want them to enter it once and the other portlets will filter the results based on that entry.

We are currently on PPM 9.14.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: How to set one preference (filter) value for all portlets in a dashboard?

Hi,

It sound complicate, you may need to contact PSO team to help you on this situation.

Regards,

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to set one preference (filter) value for all portlets in a dashboard?

Hi,

You should be able to use portlets events to do something similar. You could have a first portlet listing the projects, and selecting a project in that portlet would send the value to all other portlets in the page to use as a filter. Please refer to the PPM Dashboard portlets documentation on how to use portlets events.

Thanks,

Etienne.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.