Absent Member.. Hugo_Montalvo Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hybrid Projects

We have a few doubts  becauese documentation didn't have all the information about this:

-We add some projects and tasks to an hybrid project

- Integration SDK Sync Service run several times and some times we didn't saw a change in the project, sometimes we had an INTERNAL_ERROR in some task/projects inside hybrid project, and other projects were synchronized normally.

- When Integration SDK Sync Service run again, the projects with the INTERNAL_ERROR were fine.

- We did this with projects with just one Task/Peoject and with projects with more than 3 or 4 task/projects with the same results.

What are the settings or conditions that a project must have to complete this activity with no error? it is supposed to be an easy configuration but we found some errors in versions 9.22 ans 9.30.

Do you have more documentation about Hybrid projects? or some advice to this?

Also, do you have information about what tables use PPM to storage this Projects or  how can i see when a task has a project synchronized?

Thank you

Tags (3)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Trusted Contributor.. jsalass Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Hybrid Projects

Hello Hugo,

So far, you just need to follow the HP Solution Integartion guide on Part 2 Chapter 4 on page 93 (attached).

Please make sure you review the mmaping and synchronization rules before doing the integration with a PPM project.

We are not aware of any issues, if you can share the complete error message we can take a look and check if there is any know issue or recommend a support incident to investigate further.

Regards,

Jonathan

Absent Member..

Well now I have another doubt, we don't have an integration with Agile Manager, we are using this with PPM Projects and just PPM information in this Hybrid Projects. Can we do that?

0 Likes
bl1 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Yes, you can have two PPM projects integrated.  This configuration is called a Waterfall Project.  Much of the actual integration steps are covered in the Project Management guide in the Documentation Library.  I will leave it to some of the more techncial people on how the back end works.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thakn you, I'm trying to reproduce the error to attach images to this message

0 Likes
Absent Member..

In PPM 9.22  we have this Issue:

-I have this Project in Execution Status with 0%  in Progress Bar (image1)
-In Workplan I have a task with a project in hybrid project tab that has 98% in Progress. It says that has a Last successful run time (image2).

Why this progress didn't affect the main project progress and it still has 0%?   In PPM 9.30 I saw that this works fine.

Thanks

0 Likes
bl1 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

In PPM 9.22 the info from the "child" project did not roll up to the summary task of the "parent" project.  I have not tested if the roll up does occur in PPM 9.30.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.