Absent Member.. randull Absent Member..
Absent Member..

( I4- 4644716420 ) Adding Delegate Timesheet Approver

When adding a delegate timesheet approver, the start/end dates auto populate with today's date.  Can these fields be left blank.  It is extra work to clear out or change these dates.

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
4 Replies
mike_se Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: ( I4- 4644716420 ) Adding Delegate Timesheet Approver

Hi,

I would think not as I do not see anything in the Time Management User Guide or Configuration Guide.

Which page of which Guide shows the functionality that is being used?

What are the "Steps to Reproduce" to see the behavior?
(for example Step 1. Create a Time Sheet for a User; Step 2. Login with Approver; Step 3, etc....)

-Mike

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member.. AMora Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Randall,

When you set a delegate the intention of this is for a period of time, with start and end date, that is way the system shows the today's date for start and end. If you would like to have the delegate not having an end date you can clear both dates or just leave the start date and left blank the end date, the system will understand the there is not end to the delegation.

Andres.

mike_se Contributor.
Contributor.

Oh ok, I see what you mean.

Yea, it seems to default to the same day: Apr 26, 2013

So I think they want it to default to be blank, and I do not see any kind of configuration options for this field in the Guides.

-Mike

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Highlighted
enunex Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Dear Randall,

Typically, people in management positions
delegate review and approval authority for their time sheets to others.

However, most of the times they don´t want to delegate authority
for an indefinite period of time,
that is why we have populated with a default value on those fields.

Best regards,
Eduardo.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.